All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
New Lower Sugar Luna Bars???
      #154840 - 02/28/05 03:38 AM

Unregistered

Okay so I ended up with a bunch of Dulce de Leche Luna Bars and didn't realize till I opened the box of them that they package looked a little different and on the top corner it says "Less Sugar and 3g Fiber"

So my question is, is there some artificial sweetner in there which we couldn't have?? or did they just find a new recipe that didn't involve as much sugar. I thought I'd figure it out by reading the ingredients but there are way too many funky names on that list that I'd never know what I was looking for.

Well if someone can shed some light on this for me that would be great!! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Lower Sugar Luna Bars??? new
      #154844 - 02/28/05 03:51 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

What does it say in the ingredients? Post the ingredients here...

Ingredients new
      #154847 - 02/28/05 04:01 AM

Unregistered

Well I guess I kinda answered my question because I went to the luna bar site (www.lunabar.com) to the get the ingrediet list and they've got an explanation of their new formula and say that it's still 100% natural and nothing artificial - they've just made a new recipe. So we're good then I guess??

Ingredients: LunaProTM (Soy Rice Crisp [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour], Organic Oats, Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Flaxseed), Brown Rice Syrup, Caramel Topping and Pieces (Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Rice Syrup, Cocoa Butter, Soy Protein Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Soy Lecithin), Vegetable Glycerin, Inulin, Coating (Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Palm Kernel Oil, Soy Flour, Inulin, Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla), Natural Flavors Sea Salt, Green Tea Extract.

Vitamins & Minerals: Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Alpha-Tocopherol Acetate (Vit. E), Ferrous Fumarate (Iron), Molybdenum Glycinate, Biotin, Beta Carotene (Vit. A), Riboflavin (B2), Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Oxide, Selenium, Thiamin (B1), Niacin (B3), Chromium, Phytonadione (Vit. K), Manganese, Pyridoxine (B6), Cupric Oxide, Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin (B12), Potassium Iodide.

Yeah... new
      #154848 - 02/28/05 04:05 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

There's no artificial sweetener and no dairy, etc, so the ingredients are still safe. I haven't tried a new one yet to see if the increased fiber is going to be a problem.

My big complaint about it - and I actually wrote to them to complain! - is that they've cut all the vitamins! They used to be 100% RDA of the various vitamins, now it's like... 10%, 20%. I was using luna bars as my "daily vitamin" because I can't take actual vitamins, so this really annoyed me.

That makes us UK people feel a wee bit better then... new
      #154849 - 02/28/05 04:07 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

..as we can't get them over here esp if they are heading down that route!!

Re: Yeah... new
      #154853 - 02/28/05 04:16 AM

Unregistered

That is awful! That's one of the biggest things they boasted about too - wonder why they would make such a change.

I hate stuff like that where no matter how much you complain it's pretty obvious that they can't do anything about it. Despite that though, I think I'll write them an email too.

Guess you'll just have to eat more now

haha we should all write emails to complain... theres alot of us. new
      #154856 - 02/28/05 04:23 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

anyways.. that is really annoying. Has anyone tried the new ones and noticed any difference in taste?

--------------------

I've tried the new ones new
      #154876 - 02/28/05 06:39 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

... and I think they are SO much better than the old, super sugary ones. The only new one I've tried is the Nuts over chocolate, and even though I hadn't eaten the old one in quite a while, I tried a regular sugar Key Lime Pie and it was so sugary, it was disgusting. And I used to LIKE the Key Lime Pie flavor.

My favorite flavor is Chocolate Pecan Pie, but I haven't eaten it in a while. Tied with that would be the new Nuts over Chocolate. Yum!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: I've tried the new ones new
      #154902 - 02/28/05 08:12 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I agree that they could stand to be a little less sugary, but I STILL fail to understand why they had to take vitamins OUT. Sugar and vitamins have nothing to do with each other! And it's not like the calories have gone down - they're still 180 a pop. I'd rather put up with a little extra sugar than have to start taking a pain-inducing multivitamin to make up for what they've taken out. I probably won't bother eating them anymore, once I use up my stash of the old ones.

Re: Off subject but......... new
      #154912 - 02/28/05 08:22 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Brittany,
I just had to tell you, I love the picture of your Yorkie!
I have two at home but they would never let me dress them up like that!
Your's is just too cute!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1327 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6193

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review