All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Has anyone else noticed....
      #154227 - 02/25/05 04:12 PM
ToilettPrisoner

Reged: 02/20/05

......that if you just think about or talk about your IBS it can trigger it??
LOL
I'm serious!
My mom and I have similar IBS problems and everytime her and I discuss it we both end up in the bathroom!
Sometimes me just coming here or reading my IBS books seem to trigger somethin.

It's a bit scary kinda.
I mean is it that I think I'm gonna get an attack that is infact causing them??? Am I willing it to occur sometimes?
ugh

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Has anyone else noticed.... new
      #154234 - 02/25/05 04:17 PM
NikkiM

Reged: 02/19/05
Loc: Albany, NY

I have OFTEN wondered this, as I experience the same thing...

#154236 - 02/25/05 04:18 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hi and can I just say I LOVE your username!

Yes, I can get up in the morning, plan my day to go shopping or something, be fine and when I'm about to get my coat on or grab my purse, I have to go to the bathroom
Never fails. I do believe that IBS is psychological in that respect. Weird how that happens. I guess it becomes mind over matter. I am glad however, that coming on the boards doesn't do that to me though. I'd be so depressed without my IBS friends!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Yep....and my little trick to help stop it..... new
      #154293 - 02/25/05 06:16 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

me too....happens all the time....sometimes though I stop it with my mind too....thats cos of all the hypno Ive done....I tried a thing that a counsellor told me to do which actually has really helped me....its basically like telling your tummy to cause you an attack......sounds weird I know but Ill give you an example....if Im sitting in a waiting room or something(which usually makes me etchy and nervous and tummy starts to gurgle) I tell myself in my head(obviously not out loud or everyone would probably move away from me....lol) to give me an attack....what I actually say is....come and have a go if you think you're hard enough....lol....its a british phrase that scallys say....basically I tell my tummy to bring it on....that way its kinda like Im the one whos in control....so Im telling it if it thinks it can beat me then have a go....I dont mind....cause an attack if you think you can....like Im fighting with it....god I sound crazy dont I???lol!! Seriously though try it sometime....I really found it helpful...still do it....it has actually stopped what I thought were gona be attacks on quite a few occasions!

--------------------
Natalie

#154427 - 02/26/05 09:23 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

That would be stress, wouldn't it?

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

That doesn't sound crazy at all! new
      #154444 - 02/26/05 10:53 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I do the exact same thing, its like if you stand up to it, it gets scared! And it is a mind over matter thing, I've had hypno and councelling too - which has helped loads - I'd recommend it to anyone with the old brain/gut thing going on!! x

Re: Yep....and my little trick to help stop it..... new
      #154585 - 02/27/05 03:00 AM
Whitey

Reged: 01/18/05
Loc: Originally from Scotland now living in United Arab Emirates

Hi Natalie,
I've been following your posts about the hypnotherapy treatment for a while. How's it going?? I've just bought Michael's CD program and I'm hoping for great things. I think my problems are definately mind-gut related-your waiting room experience is so me!!! I think mind over matter definatel helps, please let me know how you get on.

Whitey..... new
      #154600 - 02/27/05 05:30 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey thanks,
I have another appointment with michael in 2 weeks....dont worry Im gona continue to post my progress I'll let you know how I get on. Its going really really well though....Ive actually fallen asleep in both the sessions Ive had with him he relaxes me so much....but I am always aware of what he's telling me its really weird. I feel cleansed everytime I come out of one. I hope the cds really help you Ive also done the cds and they were great....am having actual sessions to try and improve things further....keep at it and let me know how you get on.

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 900

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review