All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Diet & Medications??
      #153095 - 02/23/05 08:13 AM
BJay

Reged: 08/18/04

I've been following the diets and recommendations on this site and my doctor has given me librax to take 3-4 times a day. But it wasn't until I read on this site to take the imodium regularly (1 pill am and pm) and not wait until I got the upset that I now can go about living again. Friends who never had IBS insist that you cannot live on medicine for the rest of your life. Has anyone ever had a problem with staying on these medications for any length of time. Right now I've been feeling good and normal again and do not want to upset my stomach. It has been almost a year since this routine is working for me. Any recommendations?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

If it works then stay on it... new
      #153158 - 02/23/05 10:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but I found that after a few months on meds (whilst changing my diet and introducing a SFS) I stabilised and didn't need them all the time anymore.

PS.... new
      #153159 - 02/23/05 10:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I still follow the diet and take Acacia.

Re: Diet & Medications?? new
      #153181 - 02/23/05 10:28 AM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

BJay ,
I've been on Librax for about 2 1/2 years 3 to 4 times
a day. And I see my Doc every 6 mos. I was concern with being on med's for long time he told me I could take them the rest of my life. I hate to take med's but I'm a D & if it helps me to stay at work & have a some what normal life I'm for that! I take Imodium when I have to. Which I feel that is worse then med's since it stop what your body is trying to clean out. But I take it on a have to base. I follow the diet as close as I can. Can't do Fiber. Just my take on the subject!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7740 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 576

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review