All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hi ladies...quick question... new
      #151488 - 02/17/05 10:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Do you eat brown rice crackers? Do they fill you up? What's the best brand in your opinion? Thanks so much *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I practically eat gluten free.... new
      #151491 - 02/17/05 10:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

Even though I came back negative for celiac all around. I feel better without it. I eat rye crackers and barley and that's it! I don't worry about cross-contamination hough...

I had an allergist say gluten could still be my prob even though the tets came back negative...I don't htink I have CD but for some reason I feel better without the "G" stuff! LOL

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be?

In any case...I LIVE in Tinkyada pasta practically! And Imagine Soups. All GF! And yummy in my tummy!

Hope you get everything squared away Abby! *hugs* Sending prayers and clarity your way! Love,Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hi Ruchie! new
      #151555 - 02/18/05 07:33 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I do eat brown rice crackers that are GF. I will post the name of the brand I buy when I get home from work!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I practically eat gluten free.... new
      #151557 - 02/18/05 07:49 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do you eat oatmeal as well? Kandee told me that McCannes Oatmeal is the purest form and that some "experts" now believe that oatmeal in a pure form might be okay for GF eaters.

I may try it a couple times a week. Not everyday though.

I've heard that eating GF can help people with Fibro too. I know JenX eats GF for her fibro. I don't know what the connection is though.

One of my doc's also told me that some folks with IBS just feel better without gluten as wheat can be hard to digest and I think I read that even wheat can contain fructose sugar? Not sure about that one, but for some reason I know I read something like that!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Oatmeal makes me sick...plus I don't like it without sugar n-t new
      #151571 - 02/18/05 08:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Beth new
      #151618 - 02/18/05 10:26 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Hey Beth! Thanks so much for you post! You and Kandee have helped me out so much! I am definitely going to go Gluten Free - unfortuanatley I recently moved out of Vegas (3 hours away) so I cant start until I get back down there which will be tomorrow or Sunday. There are NO health food stores where I live now so I have to drive back down to buy all the GF essentials. Any tips for my first GF shopping list? Im sorda lost now that Im going GF as well as staying on the IBS diet. I just now am beginning to understand all the rules for the IBS diet and Ive been on the boards for over a year now!
It does bother me that my tests were not a DEFINITE answer but I have been reading about it a lot and after reading Kandee's posts and I have hope that going GF will make a difference! Im to the point where I will try anything right now and the fact that all I might have to do is give up gluten doesnt upset me at all if it means I will feel better. My only concern is not being able to gain weight - I know that you guys have both told me I will but its so IMPOSSIBLE for me to gain weight that Ive sorda lost hope! Before I got all these new sicknesses I weighed about 115 and everyone I saw always told me how great I looked and now I fight to stay at or around 100 and always get the "oh my god do you even eat" comments. Anyways Thanks SOOOO much for all your help and Im sure Ill be bugging both you and Kandee with a TON of questions here in the next couple of weeks!

Abby new
      #151621 - 02/18/05 10:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

I just want to let you know that when you find GF things you like...you can often order on-line or have the store ship things to you. For about 2 years I thought I might have CD and ate the diet on and off. (I had to go back eating gluten to have the endoscopy!) Anyhow, I know you have these ladies to help you...but if there's anything I can do let me know. I know you're gonna feel like new...and remember we're always here to support you *hugs* Feel good!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Abby new
      #151644 - 02/18/05 11:21 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Hey Beth! Thanks so much for you post! You and Kandee have helped me out so much! I am definitely going to go Gluten Free - unfortuanatley I recently moved out of Vegas (3 hours away) so I cant start until I get back down there which will be tomorrow or Sunday. There are NO health food stores where I live now so I have to drive back down to buy all the GF essentials. Any tips for my first GF shopping list?
Abby? Are you still in Nevada? If you moved to the CA side, you're close to me.

Since you know how to eat for IBS so well, here is a valuable file (pdf) to print out and take with you to a regular grocery store for a list of GF products: web page

Like Beth said, pick up a list of GF foods from the HFS if it's TJ's or WF's or a major one that has the list in the store. That's a great start!

Im sorda lost now that Im going GF as well as staying on the IBS diet. I just now am beginning to understand all the rules for the IBS diet and Ive been on the boards for over a year now!
It does bother me that my tests were not a DEFINITE answer but I have been reading about it a lot and after reading Kandee's posts and I have hope that going GF will make a difference! Im to the point where I will try anything right now and the fact that all I might have to do is give up gluten doesnt upset me at all if it means I will feel better. That's a wonderful attidude Abby!! My only concern is not being able to gain weight - I know that you guys have both told me I will but its so IMPOSSIBLE for me to gain weight that Ive sorda lost hope! Oh, please don't loose hope. It's true, you will gain, especially once your body starts absorbing nutrients again. Before I got all these new sicknesses I weighed about 115 and everyone I saw always told me how great I looked and now I fight to stay at or around 100 and always get the "oh my god do you even eat" comments. Just ignore those, please. Anyways Thanks SOOOO much for all your help and Im sure Ill be bugging both you and Kandee with a TON of questions here in the next couple of weeks! Good!!!
Kandee

--------------------

Re: Kandee new
      #151654 - 02/18/05 11:44 AM
abby82

Hi Kandee! I actually moved 3 hours north of Vegas to my hometown. Its a tiny little town with nothing in it! Im planning on driving to Vegas tomorrow since Ive been reading so much about gluten intolerance - it looks like every day counts. This worries me a little since I had the blood tests taken so many months ago and have continuted to eat gluten! I cant believe my doctor didnt tell me to go GF because after reading about it, it should have been obvious that it might help with my test results. Anyways Ive been reading posts and info on Celiac.com all day long so with that and the help from you guys here on the boards Im sure Ill figure it all out soon! I did notice that you said you could probably adapt Heather's recipes to be GF so I was wondering about her banana bread, chocalate applesauce cake and the peppermint fudge cake - any ideas! Thanks again for all your help!

Re: Ruchie new
      #151658 - 02/18/05 11:47 AM
abby82

Thanks Ruchie - I have noticed that I can order a lot of stuff online so Im gonna try it out really soon! Thanks for giving me hope that I will feel better! I really hope I do! Thanks again!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review