All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to this Board
      #150653 - 02/16/05 06:02 AM
Pat in RI

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Rhode Island, USA

Hi all: I am so grateful I found this site. I have been literally housebound since Nov. '04 with IBS-D. I am a full time caregiver for my elderly parents...extremely stressful...mom is 87 and has MANY health issues...dad is 94 and is a verbal/emotional abuser. The stress of the situation came to a head when the IBS symptoms came with a vengeance last fall. I went to my doctor who did some blood work, but wasn't very encouraging. I remember isolated incidents over the years...accidents and whatnot, but never ongoing like this. This site has been a Godsend. I thought I was alone in my misery. I am just beginning the IBS diet and trying to find out what my body can tolerate little by little. My husband has been a wonderful help to me.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to vent a little.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome! new
      #150655 - 02/16/05 06:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Even if it sounds like IBS, you do need to get checked out properly, so go back to your doc and demand some tests! A colonoscopy is a good idea, especially if you're a bit older? They're not a problem once you get past the yucky prep, so don't worry!

Good luck with the diet. Have you got a SFS yet? They are really great. Hope to see you around more!

Re: Welcome! new
      #150658 - 02/16/05 06:15 AM
Pat in RI

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Rhode Island, USA

Yes, I purchased the acacia powder from Heather. I take it twice a day. I will certainly go back to the doctor if the IBS diet doesn't work. I've only been on the diet for two days...I'm working on what I can and cannot eat to prevent the attacks...so, we'll see. I'm not opposed to doctors, but if natural treatments can solve the problem, I will take that route.

Re: Welcome! new
      #150668 - 02/16/05 07:04 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It's a good idea to insist on a colonoscopy anyway. IBS symptoms mimic many other illnesses - even cancer and endomitriosis. It's better to get a proper diagnosis.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 493

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review