All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Thank you Casey! I love Teechino!
      #149055 - 02/11/05 03:15 PM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

I have not found anything this good since I started eating differently and trying new things for IBS. I have tried so many coffee substitutes such as Mate, that end up tasting like dirt and grass. But Teechino is soooo delicious! I just found it at Whole Foods and brewed it as soon as I got home. It is so yummy and tastes just like chocolate coffee. You have saved me! I have been drinking a lot of tea and it just doesnt have that same rich flavor, but this really does. Just wanted to recommend it to everyone who has been looking for something that really does taste even better than real coffee.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thank you Casey! I love Teechino! new
      #149060 - 02/11/05 03:26 PM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

That is great to hear. Giving up my decafe is my last thing but I KNOW that I have to=o. I definitely know that it is causing me a lot of IBS distress. I tried something like Rocomojo (?) and it was horrible and I threw the whole bag away after making one pot. Ugh. And tea just doesn't satisfy me. I might have to order this online though because my local HFS don't carry it.
Cindy

Re: Thank you Casey! I love Teechino! new
      #149063 - 02/11/05 03:31 PM
AllisonL

Thanks for the warning about the rocamojo, I saw that at Whole Foods too but didnt get it this time. I will not try that one then! Yep, it is availabe to order at teechino.com. I might do that too, just since it is easier.

Teechino form? new
      #149067 - 02/11/05 03:43 PM
CindyC

In what form does the Teechino come in - a bag of ground like coffee, powdered form or like tea bags?

Cindy

Teeccino rules! new
      #149068 - 02/11/05 03:46 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Actually, the website is http://www.teeccino.com - and the best part? You can buy it in 1-lb bags, too. I think it's cheaper that way, but I'm not sure. Enjoy!

Re: Teechino form? new
      #149070 - 02/11/05 03:47 PM
atomic rose

It's ground... you brew it up in a coffeepot, just like coffee. It comes in 1/2-lb canisters and 1-lb bags, but on the website, you can also get sample packs of all the flavors. The mocha is good, but the hazelnut is still my all-time favorite.

#149073 - 02/11/05 03:51 PM
CindyC

Oh yum. There is help for me yet!!! I just couldn't let go of my decafe. You know you go from regular coffee to decafe and you think you're doing well. Then you're told you have to give that up too.

Oh no!! Well, I'm going to order some of this and give it a try. Hopefully it will be the answer to my prayers!
Cindy

#149074 - 02/11/05 03:53 PM
atomic rose

I hope so too! Just be warned, you may have to do a little tinkering with the amount you use. The first pot I made, I almost wrote off the stuff forever, because I brewed it according to the proportions on the container and it was perfectly horrible. Now I use 2 heaping tablespoons for a pot of 10 cups, and I'm happy with that. It gets stronger as it sits, too, just like coffee.

Good luck!

#149090 - 02/11/05 05:03 PM
AllisonL

Oh right, its spelled like cappuccino. Sorry. Yeah, they were having a sale at whole foods, it was actually $5.99 for the 8.5 oz can. But I might order it in the 1 lb bags. I tried the mocha, mmm so good. I am going to try the hazelnut too. Hope you like it too!

I wish this was gluten free new
      #149113 - 02/11/05 06:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I was so excited when Casey told me about this, as I miss my coffee. But when I saw it at Whole foods and read the ingredient list, my hopes were wiped out as it contains gluten. Rats!

If anyone finds a gluten free cofee substitute, please post. I think the problem is that all of them contain grains instead of the coffee bean. Oh well, stuck with this blasted tea. UGH! I'm so sick of tea. I hate them all! They all taste like flowers or dirt.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2256

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review