All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
SFS's
      #148978 - 02/11/05 12:05 PM
hazlbezl

Reged: 02/11/05

Hi! This is my first post! I recently started using the Acacia powder and it's so much better than Metamucil, but I'll be going out of town in a few weeks, and think it will be easier to take a pill supplement. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what the closest to Acacia is? Or what seems to work best?
Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SFS's new
      #148990 - 02/11/05 12:29 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I don't know a substitute for Acacia, but what I do when I do away for a little while is take a small Tupperware box of Acacia with me. If I'm going away for longer and staying in a hotel, I take the small tub (for taking to the restaurant in my handbag), a larger tub to keep in my room and, if neccessary, a spare bag of Acacia!

Good luck!

#148993 - 02/11/05 12:35 PM
hazlbezl

Thanks Linz! I use an old pill bottle for work, it holds just enough!
I know it's silly, but I feel so funny taking my fiber at restaurants, that's why I was looking for something good in pill form. Usually I just take it before I leave to go out to eat, but that won't be an option on our trip.
I should just get over this embarrassement, I suppose!

#148995 - 02/11/05 12:36 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Acacia is the best but... for a chewable tablet try Equalactin. I have found it at CVS pharmacy and oddly enough through Amazon.com. -Order a book and your fiber supplement at the same time! I keep these in my purse in case I'm somewhere and forget the Acacia.

Good Luck

Leigh

#148997 - 02/11/05 12:40 PM
sybd

Reged: 02/07/05

You might like to try Citrucel Caps......I've been using them and they seem to have less gas than the Metamucil ones.

#148999 - 02/11/05 12:44 PM
hazlbezl

Thanks sybd!-the metamucil really didn't make things better for me, so I know what you mean about gas. I haven't tried the Citrucel, I didn't realize they made it in cap form
Gr8ful-which book were you referring to?
I hope replying to both in the same post is ok? I'm new to boards and posting!

#149000 - 02/11/05 12:45 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I will make a travelers suggestion for Acacia that worked well for me when I first started taking it. I bought a small plastic container at Wal-Mart in the pharmacy section near the travel-size shampoos and stuff. I think it is supposed to be for makeup and stuff, but is only about an inch tall and round with a screw-top lid. It holds a couple of days worth of Acacia and fits nicely in your purse. Gladware sells a small container too, but only has the snap on lid. I have used it before when my trip was going to be longer. Just a thought. I never leave home without it!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#149003 - 02/11/05 12:49 PM
hazlbezl

We're only going to Chicago for a few days (but we haven't gone anywhere in forever-so I'm very excited!)-I think I would prefer a screwtop lid, less likely to spill powder everywhere (and easier to fit a tsp in then my little pill container).

Wal-mart is the place! Don't leave home without that Acacia! -nt- new
      #149011 - 02/11/05 01:04 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

How I travel with acacia... new
      #149012 - 02/11/05 01:08 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

First, when I open the bad it comes in, I cut along the top and save the bag. then I get a plstic baggie with one of those zippy pull tops, and put enough acacia and a measuring spoon in there and close it. I place that in the bag the acacia normally comes in and fold it over. VOila! Works perfect, and if someone has to inspect your stuff it looks less suspicous than an unlabeled bag.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Wal-mart is the place! Don't leave home without that Acacia! -nt- new
      #149015 - 02/11/05 01:09 PM
hazlbezl

I don't think our trip would be very fun without it!

Re: How I travel with acacia... new
      #149017 - 02/11/05 01:13 PM
hazlbezl

I've been putting my big acacia bag inside a ziplock bag, I have to get another measuring spoon, I'm using the one I use for cooking!
I was making a joke at work the other day about what I was really putting in my water, it could look mighty suspicious without a label.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1467

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review