All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
SS (Tina)- Thai food question
      #148636 - 02/10/05 01:10 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I read a past post that at Thai restaurants that you drink lemongrass tea and get Tofu Todd. What is tofu todd? I am going to a thai restaurant on Saturday night, and I need a meal that is safe and completely vegetarian. Do you get it prepared specially? Are there any other foods that you know that are safe? I am asking you since you are on a vegan diet, also. I want to make sure that I am not too experimental and pretty safe, I am going to clubs in Philly afterwards with my sis and maybe some of her friends. I am pretty good with veggies, they usually don't trigger me if I have enough soluble fiber with them. I also don't want to be too plain, cause I want to enjoy the food!
Any suggestions?

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not SS but i LOVE thai food new
      #148647 - 02/10/05 01:25 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I LOVE Thai
not sure about tofu todd but vegetarian pad thai is yummy, its noodles and veg in a broth. Thai is pretty easy to keep safe so long as you stay away from Coconut things as coconut milk is REALLY high in fat.

--------------------
S.

Re: SS (Tina)- Thai food question new
      #148661 - 02/10/05 01:57 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

Most of the Thai restaurants will have a detailed explanation of the dishes. Like Cailin said, stay away from the coconut milk. The noodle soups at the Thai restaurant I eat at are safe and so yummy. Make sure and ask your waiter about MSG though.

--------------------
"puffy"

Re: Not SS but i LOVE thai food new
      #148692 - 02/10/05 02:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yum here too! Pad Thai should be requested with no oil. I think they kind of fry it and if you are sensitive to HFCS be careful with it. Try fresh spring rolls AKA summer rolls. They are veggie and fat free! And Thai "hot" is damn hot! Their hot scales blow me away with the mild! Have fun!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#148698 - 02/10/05 02:50 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I stick w/ pad thai when I eat at a thai restaurant and I have never had any problems.
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#148699 - 02/10/05 02:51 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Tofu Tod (sometimes Toa Hoo Tod) is an appetizer with tofu that is lightly fried (never had a problem), served with cucumber, crushed peanuts and a sweet and sour dip.

For a main course, I usually get vegetarian pad thai. It is served on noodles with cooked veggies. Just tell them no fish sauce, no eggs, shrimp or any meat. I get them to add tofu to mine. They've never given me a hard time.

I have tried a few eggplant curries that were good as well.

Just make sure that you specify MILD as a lot of Thai food is VERY spicy with lots of while chilies.

Do they have a website so you can view their menu first? I always do that before going anywhere.

what is Pad Thai like without any fish sauce? -nt new
      #148718 - 02/10/05 03:41 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

and do you know they put egg in it a lot? -nt (just curious) new
      #148719 - 02/10/05 03:43 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

The Pad Thai sauce I use has no fish sauce...I can't remember the name though! Sorry! new
      #148735 - 02/10/05 04:22 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

--------------------
"puffy"

Just fine! -nt- new
      #148762 - 02/10/05 05:28 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2665

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review