All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I Need to Stop/Support Please
      #148414 - 02/10/05 12:55 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

I have returned to taking laxatives everyday almost its only been in the past few weeks because I had become so backed up. I know rationally this is BAD and I'm telling my therapist today.I just threw my box away after the ones I took because it made feel weird. I'm going to focus on the diet. I need to reclaim my health and mind NOW!I'm scared I'm never going to go and a lot is mental since I have anxiety,ocd,recovering from an ed. This is really messing me up with now constant tummy pain though I have been going.I know I can't live in this fashion and I have been doing so well with my ed this is a set back I feel. I just felt like I needed to post this to keep accountable and thats why I'm telling my therapist.Its going to be ruff. Sorry if this is a stupid post. I just felt like I needed to.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I Need to Stop/Support Please new
      #148419 - 02/10/05 01:04 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It's not a stupid post at all! We're all here to support you. I'm assuming you're taking the laxatives because of the ED rather than the IBS? If this is the case you are doing the right thing. Talk to your therapist like you said you will. It will help.
We're all sick of the pain and stuff that go along with the IBS. Sending you hugs. I hope you start to feel better soon. And hang in there. I'm sure you'll beat the eating disorder.

--------------------
Amy

#148422 - 02/10/05 01:14 AM
caprice

Oh thank you so much for your support. I'm so anxious right now and that really helped. Actually I've accepted I need to gain weight but the IBS due to I'm sure the ed is so horrible. I can't stand the pressure and constipation. I'm sure some of the laxative use is mental/ed related and thats why I am telling my therapist. Its like a vicious cylce but I'm committed to not taking them and also am seeing my nutritionist today so we can work on a better plan.Thank you again.

#148444 - 02/10/05 05:00 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Giess what? I have anxiety and OCD and so does Augie. I totally understand where you're coming from. Are you taking a soluble fiber supplement? If not, you need to start PRONTO. Drink tons of water, and try for a bit of light exercise. All these will help with constipation. Make sure you're getting a good balance of soluble fibers and insoluble fibers. Take it a day at a time. Hang in there, sweetie!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#148471 - 02/10/05 06:19 AM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

I battled anorexia for a long time...first episode at age 13 the last one at age 36! To this day "the empty stomach feeling" feels good to me. Constipation and bloating don't feel good at all!

I tried the lentil soup recipe that was on the recipe board and it made me "go". Wow...what a great feeling! Far better than a laxative. I am having more for lunch today! It might help to have a small portion of any of the foods that help you "go" daily may help you.

Therapy is great...prayer is as well.Hugs,

--------------------
"puffy"

Thank You/I did It new
      #148938 - 02/11/05 08:58 AM
caprice

Well I made it past my first day no more laxatives for me. I told my therapist. My nutritionist and I worked on a better plan. I feel real crampy,gassy and already know I won't be going for awhile. I just have to sit with the mental and physical feelings. I feel so commited to not taking them and continuing down the scary path of recovery. I want to be healthy and happy. Thank you for your support and ideas.

Which lentil soup recipe, Happy? new
      #149036 - 02/11/05 02:07 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Which recipe? I saw one under the main recipe page that is with sausage and saw a couple more on the recipe exchange board, one regular and one vegan. I would love to try this since I am C too!!

Jessica

This One! Enjoy...if you have problems with gas you may need beano new
      #149118 - 02/11/05 06:47 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

Lentil Soup
Hearty lentil soup, chock full of veggies and very yummy.
Serve with warm cornbread. Makes 6 servings.

1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried basil 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 cups dry lentils
8 cups water
1/2 cup spinach, rinsed and
thinly sliced
2 tablespoons vinegar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve stir in spinach, and cook until it wilts. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired.

--------------------
"puffy"

Here's two more new
      #149128 - 02/11/05 07:38 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

on the ibs recipe board.
potato lentil soup

Tina's Lentil Soup

I've never made it myself.

Casey also emailed me a recipe if you want I could send you that one or post it too.

How are the g-zymes going?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4393 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1051

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review