All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cliff bars anyone??
      #148296 - 02/09/05 03:28 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I know it was posted that Luna bars are good and I have tried them - but cliff bars have more calories (and I actually like them better). I know Granola bars have HFCS so I am trying to stay away from them. I need to gain weight - I am assuming Cliff bars are safe - they appear to be - need advice???????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I love cliff bars... new
      #148299 - 02/09/05 03:33 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Just be careful consuming them. They are loaded with insoluble fiber. I'm a C, and even 1/2 of one will make me go, and occasionally it will come out D.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: cliff bars anyone?? new
      #148303 - 02/09/05 03:37 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You can check here web page and change the flavor to get nutritional info on each flavor.

I personally have never tried them. They are higher in both calories and fat....I don't have time right now to look at them all....but I'd be careful of the chocolate ones until you know what they are made of... just be really careful and read all the ingredients BEFORE you eat them.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: I love cliff bars... new
      #148824 - 02/10/05 07:15 PM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

I love them. I eat the cherry almond and the cranberry ones, also the carrot cake and lemon poppyseed. I dont eat any of the chocolate ones. They are really all natural and dont have any chocolate or HFCS or yogurt or chemicals. I used to eat balance but they all have milk ingredients. I run marathons and am training for a duathlon right now so need higher protein and calories. They are awesome! I am IBS C and have never had to go from one of them.

#148838 - 02/10/05 08:26 PM
Gail1

Reged: 09/04/03
Loc: Calgary, AB, Canada

I absolutly love them. Back at the begining of July I had a really bad IBS attack. Lasted for about 2 weeks. All that I could handle was peppermint tea and Cliff bars. Everything else upset my tummy no matter how safe it was. I ate 3 a day and at $2.50 + tax a bar that was rather expensive. Tastey but expensive. I keep one in my purse at all times in case I am out and need to eat something that I know is safe instead of fastfood.

Gail

#148949 - 02/11/05 09:30 AM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

oooh, maybe you could order them online? They are only $1 each here in NC at REI (if you buy a bunch at once) or at most $1.50.

They were on sale for 1$ each at whole foods.. new
      #149025 - 02/11/05 01:40 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

bought 5 (different flavors) to try...

and 2 boxes of luna bars.. they were out of the other 2 flavors I planned on buying boxes of.. so went to trader joes- they were out of the same 2 flavors!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1921 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review