All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C/ Fiber in #'s?
      #148022 - 02/09/05 01:04 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

I am so constipated and even when I go I feel "unclean". I was reading an article about people thinking they consume enough fiber in there diet but really don't.So since I think I don't get enough I'm going to try to increase to see if that helps. I was wondering what people with severe constipation consume in fiber grams per day. I heard 25-35 grams a day for the normal. I'm not "normal" so will that help me? What are any of your experiences?Also I have tried perscription,supplements,herbel stuff. I excersise daily.Nothing works so I think I really need to concentrate on dietary changes. Thanks in advance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C/ Fiber in #'s? new
      #148034 - 02/09/05 02:51 AM
Debs

Reged: 12/01/04
Loc: England

Hi Caprice, I know what you are syaing unsure of the answer, what i do find though is that if i drink loads of water up to about 3 litres this does help, I generally drink boiled water especially if its cold, I vary rarley drink anything else. I would also like to know if it would be a good idea to up the fibre intake, or if this will cause more problems.

Sorry i have not been much help, it's just good to hear that i am not alone in this C world.

Take care

debs

Re: IBS-C/ Fiber in #'s? - Debs new
      #148039 - 02/09/05 03:28 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hi Debs - I'm a fellow C also in the UK! I should drink lots more water than I do, I usually (if I'm honest) get through about a litre and a half, to two litres, but should be drinking more - wake up in the morning and feel so dry!! Three litres sounds loooads, I'd be going to the loo for most of the day!!

Re: IBS-C/ Fiber in #'s? - Hamster new
      #148042 - 02/09/05 03:45 AM
Debs

Reged: 12/01/04

Hi,
I know it sounds like a lot of water and yes for the first few days you are like a yo yo to the loo, but after a while it just becomes part of the norm. What i have done is bought one of those litre carry bottles of water and then I just fill it up with water from the kettle so where ever I am i have water. You'll be suprised at how much you will go through without realising.

Let me know if this helps you any.

Debs

Re: IBS-C/ Fiber in #'s? - Hamster new
      #148044 - 02/09/05 04:24 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

..ta - its a real pain coz where I work, they only have coffee machines and no kettles, they are described as health and safety risks!!! Bizarre! Thanks again and I'll give it a go! x

12-15g... new
      #148129 - 02/09/05 09:24 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03

...of SFS is recommended by Heather. Are you on this already? You do have to be careful with IF!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4620 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1234

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review