All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wonder? More questions...
      #147407 - 02/07/05 07:53 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

For the last few days I have been a little bit C, even though I'm going, its only little bits (soz information overload), I feel inside like I really need to go loads more and that its backing up inside a bit - and am bloated, any ideas on how to help me on my merry way? I know there are loads of posts re this, but it was just easier to post! Hope you don't mind? Any help would be gratefully received....xx Nik

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wonder? More questions... new
      #147496 - 02/07/05 11:00 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Are you taking a SFS? You could try increasing it a little bit and see if that helps. Also, drink LOADS of water and try to get a little exercise everyday even if it's just a short walk.

You could also try adding in a little more IF to your diet and see if that does the trick.

Good luck!! Hope you feel better soon!!

#147500 - 02/07/05 11:06 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Water, SFS, and some IF's too! Get moving and try not to stress. Warm teas help and the peppermint too. Good luck!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#147522 - 02/07/05 12:17 PM
nikjones_uk

No, I don't take an SFS as I'm pretty new to all of this, I do eat SF on a regular basis - but one thing, what is IF? I have looked on the abbreviation link, but couldn't find it on there??

#147560 - 02/07/05 01:48 PM
Kimm

IF = insoluble fibre

You should really start taking a SFS. It will help with both C and D and it's the one and only thing that helps with my C. You can try citrucel, metamucil, etc. I take Heather's acacia and it's awesome because you can't taste it and can put it in just about anything!!

Kimm, question for you. new
      #147932 - 02/08/05 05:13 PM
BetterLife

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: CA, USA

What's your regimen like? How much and when do you take your supplements--fiber or anything else you take? How much water do you drink with your supplements and not with your supplements? Were you always an IBS-C?

--------------------
BetterLife

Betterlife new
      #148060 - 02/09/05 06:00 AM
Kimm

I used to be IBS-A but then became IBS-C. I've been C for about a year now. I take 3 tsp of acacia in a cup of tea at night before bed and then I put 2 tsp in my oatmeal every morning for breakfast.

I drink 6 bottles of water/day....I just buy a bottle in the morning and refill it all day long. Plus 2 cups of tea each day makes 8 glasses of water (which is what you should be drinking).

I also exercise every night after work at the gym. This helps ALOT. If my stomach is hurting before I get to the gym I force myself to go anyway and I ALWAYS end up feeling way better after working out.

Hope this helps!!

Re: Betterlife new
      #148172 - 02/09/05 11:09 AM
BetterLife

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: CA, USA

Thanks for the info. I take 1 tablespoon of Acacia in the morning and night before bed, 3 doses of fibercon throughout the day plus magnesium. So I do drink more than 8 cups of water a day plus tea. I agree with the excercising. It does help the body a lot. I used to take less fiber before and it worked for me, but I'm C again and trying to figure out what I need to do and change. Hopefully, I find a routine soon. Thanks a bunch.

--------------------
BetterLife

#148194 - 02/09/05 11:43 AM
nikjones_uk

Thanks everyone for the info.... x

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4079 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review