All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about breaking the cycle
      #147201 - 02/06/05 09:26 AM
Heidi Blythe

Reged: 04/16/03
Loc: Ann Arbor, MI

I'm new to the message board, so first I really want to thank Heather and everybody for such a terrific resource! This seems like an amazing community.
I am in the midst of trying to "break the cycle" and I wanted to be certain I'm getting the directions straight. The newsletter instructions say to eat plain rice, plain fresh (white) bread, etc., but there are also recipes included for tropical breakfast pudding and Heather's snack mix. I don't know how far I can go with "dressing up" the soluble fiber intake at this stage. For example, I've always enjoyed Kree's Baked Oatmeal recipe, but I don't know how even the small amount of soy margarine will go down at this point in time. Any suggestions for the first couple days? Thanks again.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about breaking the cycle new
      #147228 - 02/06/05 11:04 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, when I was "breaking the cycle", I pretty much went exclusively soluble. I ate rice, potatoes, pasta, and bread, and that was pretty much it... the only things I used to "dress things up" were sugar, salt, pepper, and soy sauce. I may have used some herbs and spices too. But that was really only for a couple days.

I don't remember what's in the snack mix or the tropical pudding, but if there's any insolubles, I would hold off and not make those right away.

#147235 - 02/06/05 11:24 AM
Heidi Blythe

Reged: 04/16/03
Loc: Ann Arbor, MI

Thanks for the reply! All of the ingredients in the recipes were soluble, including bananas and mangos, etc. Since the rice and breads were expressly mentioned, I didn't know if some solubles are more tummy-friendly than others.

#147252 - 02/06/05 12:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think you'd be safe with them, then. As always, go with how you feel... if you're feeling especially *crappy* (I know, bad pun!), you might want to avoid things like mangos, but otherwise, they're safe. Keep us posted on how you do! Welcome to the boards, by the way!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 522

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review