All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dreams
      #146527 - 02/03/05 07:43 PM
beetle

Reged: 01/30/05

I had a dream last night I had eaten a whole package of little debbies snacky cakes.
I woke up in a panic, thinking what have I done!

Anyone else have dreams of this kind?

Is it my body screaming for fat?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dreams new
      #146562 - 02/03/05 10:23 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hahha... ohhh I can totally relate to this. I can't think of an example right now but I KNOW that feeling of waking up thinking you've cheated and are about to pay for it! I think it's more an anxiety dream than your body screaming for fat to be honest. I actually find a fair amount of my anxiety COMES FROM my IBS - i.e. worrying about finding food at restaurants and people's houses that I can eat, worrying about finding a bathroom, worrying about not checking ingredients etc.!

Cheers, Laurel.

The Fat Dream new
      #146564 - 02/03/05 10:36 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I had a dream about doughnuts! But for me it was about sugar...not fat LOL

Maybe you could write a story about the Fat Dream. If not, can I use your dream to write one?

My hubby has a theory that dreams are about something we heard/saw that day. Did you see Little Debbies at the store? I believe I had seen doughnuts that day!

Hmm...

Very interesting Beetle! Let us know if you dream of more fat tonight!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

YES! That's right! The am I doing it right anxiety... new
      #146566 - 02/03/05 10:46 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You've just earned a trophy for putting this into words!

I missed a close friend's wedding because I was so scared...I was gassy and I was scared of the food...it was AWFUL!

Worrying about our food makes the IBS worse...it's an awful cycle.

How to break this cycle:

Make a list of unsafe foods and take it to the store (make sure to keep a copy stapled to your purse so you don't lose it!) and check off the ingredients on the box as you go (a check for ok...and if you find something unsafe...put down the box and walk away from the aisle!)

Friend's houses...bring your own dish. If not...eat before you go.

Whatever you do...don't be like! Don't miss a friend's wedding cause you're afraid. Don't let IBS rule your life.

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#146578 - 02/04/05 12:55 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I can't believe there is actually a product called snacky cakes, and South Park didn't just make that up!

I love America!!

--------------------
*Emma*

#146613 - 02/04/05 06:54 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

This is so funny because I can SO relate! I've had dreams at least 5 or 10 times where I am at a party of some kind and there are all these buffet tables and I start eating all that's there and then start worrying what it will do to me. The better ones though (and this has happened a few times) is when I realize I'm dreaming and then I go through the line, litterally stuffing my face with everything I see that has chocolate! cheese! ice cream! salad with heavy dressing! all the things I miss so much! I wake up and wish that I could have stayed in the dream longer! Funny how our tummies affect us even when we're asleep like this!

#146651 - 02/04/05 09:31 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh that is so great...! I wish I could figure out how to do that lucid-dreaming-stuffing-your-face thing... I'd never want to cheat again!

Laurel.

Re: The Fat Dream new
      #146653 - 02/04/05 09:38 AM
beetle

Ruchie, I'd love to read your story! You are most welcome to use it. You are right about seeing them the night before also. In my cabinet while I was making dinner. Amazing! Anxiety is one of my problems too. Running out my special food.

Smile*
Bea

#146654 - 02/04/05 09:40 AM
beetle

Thepurplelollie, the snacky cake reference is a not really the name of the product-just a term of endearment my kids use. The I didn't even notice I had written that until today. *must edit posts *

The feeling is mutual. I think people from New Zealand have most incredible accents. There is a doctor I work with that I bother just to hear her speak.

Cheers,
Bea

LOL!! new
      #146690 - 02/04/05 11:16 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My dreams are too realistic, unfortunately. Whenever I have a dream that involves food that isn't safe, I end up getting sick in the dream!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8692 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 893

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review