All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C - how long is too long?
      #146319 - 02/03/05 10:51 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Ive just recently been having C problems and Im not really sure why yet. I was wondering how many days is too many to go without a BM. Lately I am C for about 3 or 4 days (I think even 5 before) and then I go to the bathroom several times until it turns to D. Then I usually take 2 immodium and it happens all over again. This is the 3rd week in a row that its happened. I know the immodium can cause problems but when I get D Im so miserable I just have to take it. If it happens again though I am not going to take any. Anyways Im on day 4 right now and still nothing but I feel perfectly fine. Im not all bloated or crampy or anything but how long can I let this happen before I need to do something about it? Anyone have any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C - how long is too long? new
      #146393 - 02/03/05 01:44 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My doc said that once you get to a week without a BM then it's a problem. I've gone 2-3 weeks before and been REALLY sick!! Generally I don't go more than 4-5 days without one.

Try increasing your water intake, eat some more insoluble fibre and maybe take a walk and it should help get things moving. Hope you feel better soon!!

#146405 - 02/03/05 02:17 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thank you so much for the reply - that actually makes me feel a lot better, Ive never gone more than 4-5 days either. I am gonna go for a walk as soon as I get off of here too! Thanks again!

#146410 - 02/03/05 02:23 PM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

I've gone as long as a week before and felt perfectly fine like you. I would try to stay away from the immodium tho!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2727 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review