All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Wasted money on promises new
      #146083 - 02/02/05 08:05 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Have you stopped taking all the other stuff?

I do take citrucel, but I think I need more insolubles because I think bananas bother me. They are gassy and cause C. I have been taking zelnorm but don't think it's doing anything.

Yeah, those Garden of LIfe product, which promise to cure everything are outrageously expensive. Mr. Rubin should be ashamed of himself.

Glad you found some things that help you. They haven't done a thing for me though. Don't know what will.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Anything intended to cleanse me out... new
      #146085 - 02/02/05 08:06 PM
Augie

is a red flag. I don't want any type of "laxative" type product.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: I've done the same....... new
      #146107 - 02/02/05 09:44 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Yep it's depressing. Although we thankfully have medicare here so I don't have to pay as much for procedures and doctors visits which helps. I forgot to mention I even went to a naturopath ($50 a visit) who gave me like 10 bottles of stuff to take. It helped initially but then wore off so I got more stuff to take on top of what I already had. I was guzzling gallons of this stuff and most of it was about $40 AU a bottle! I put up with it for 3 months then decided what was the point if it didn't work? Yep, as I said in my other post. I'm not going anywhere. Feel free to email me if you want! With the kids I try hard to spend enough time on here but I miss posts sometimes.

--------------------
Amy

To augie re:broken promises new
      #146336 - 02/03/05 11:30 AM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I have stopped taking all of the supplements (other than vitamins and some digestive enzymes) and zelnorm. Since none of them really made a difference, why waste the money. For now I am just sticking to baby food, and other soft foods (potatoes, bananas, mangoes). You said the bananas give you gas.... have you given mangoes a try? I'm ultra sensitive too and have good luck with them. Wish I would have known you when I still lived in Illinois. I actually moved to Arizona so I could wear light loose clothing all year round. Crazy! If there's anything I can do to help you... I can hear the horrible desperation in your voice and I know it oh so well. This is a horrible disease. Can I ask when was the last time you weren't taking lots of things at one time... hard to know but sometimes we just have too many things in our system to know what's causing/helping problems?

I can't wait to tell hubby I'm NOT a freak! new
      #146343 - 02/03/05 11:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi Beth and all,

About 20 docs since we've been married (2.5 years). THOUSANDS $$$$ in specialy foods, SFS, supplements, vitmains, etc. Procedures. Naturopaths. "It's all in your head." Hubby thinks I just like spending our money

And guess what? The sinus infections they thought I had were migraines. So I took out dairy and BAM I'm a different person! Sugar is bad for my fibro. I'm taking it out.

I am finding it's about what I do/don't put in my body that matters more than anything! Following Heather's diet, and taking out sugar, and staying away from my migraine triggers, lots of fluids, exericse, etc. makes all the difference in the world for me!

I think we all have substances we put in our body that are foreign to our individual systems.

*sigh*

I wish I had more answers. BUT I have faitht hat you will figure out what does/doesn't work for you! *hugs*

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruhie new
      #146492 - 02/03/05 05:53 PM
Augie

Do you take any supplements at all? What about an SFS? Or do you do just the diet?

--------------------
~ Beth

Taroh73 new
      #146493 - 02/03/05 05:59 PM
Augie

Thanks for your concern and offer of help. Do you take any SFS at all now? Or have you cut that out as well?

I was actually thinking of moving to Tucson Arizona at one time because I hate Chicago weather. But I chickened out, moving all alone and not knowing anyone would be too stressful for me.

I'm afraid to cut out any supplement that may have the potential to help. But I guess now I take probiotic, digestive enzyme, magnesium, triphala herbal, zelnorm, and citrucel. Oh, and gas X.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Taroh73 new
      #146495 - 02/03/05 06:00 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I have begun to take gas x once again - when do you suggest the best time to take 2 of them??

Re: Taroh73// response to augie new
      #146507 - 02/03/05 06:47 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I do take citrucel as that's the sfs I can tolerate. I understand about your not wanting to move alone. It is horribly stressful. I have wanted to move back to Chicago for so long to be by friends and family, but I need the bathroom freedom my job provides, and cost of living is way cheaper here in AZ. Makes all of life easier. There are a few other girls on the board here in AZ, so if at some point you did move, you wouldn't be alone. There are lots of great naturopathic hospitals out here too... but I don't know that they can help us anymore than the traditional docs. You are probably on a little bit of overload here... too many people with too many suggestions. Can I ask when was the last time you took any type of true laxative? Do you have problems with them?

Arizona IBSers! new
      #146509 - 02/03/05 06:54 PM
Augie

I have already become pretty good friends with Jessica who lives in Arizona.

As far as laxatives, I refuse to take anything stronger than a suppository and I haven't even taken one of those in months. I don't like what laxatives do to my body and have strong feelings about these as they cause the bowels to become addicted to them and totally screw up your system.

How much citrucel do you take in a day? And where did you used to live in Illinois?

--------------------
~ Beth

Edited by Augie (02/03/05 06:56 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2845 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6316

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review