All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
gratitude
      #144760 - 01/31/05 08:13 AM
evie

Reged: 11/22/03

Haven't posted in a long time, but I've been using what I've learned on these boards and I am mostly stable. Being stable has helped me to work on the underlying emotional troubles that have affected the IBS, actually. Thanks everyone. I've learned that if you treat your body right, it will treat you right back
*evie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What a great quote, Evie! new
      #144768 - 01/31/05 08:28 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Glad to hear that the boards and Heather's diet has helped you so much! I love your end quote of treating your body right - so true.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: gratitude ME TOO EVIE! new
      #144830 - 01/31/05 09:32 AM
Lauriea

Reged: 08/18/04

Hi Evie; You should be very proud of yourself. I too feel strongly that the way that I respond to stress has increased if not caused my IBS. I am working with the hypnosis tapes and am seeing a difference. I have found that when I try not to control what happens and just leave it to the universe I don't feel as much pressure and worry. Particularly with my kids ages 12 and 16 I am pulling back and leting them live their lives and trying not to worry and focus on every detail. What have you found to be most helpful emotionally to help with your IBS? Thanks for sharing and I wish you continued luck! Lauriea

Re: gratitude ME TOO EVIE! new
      #144888 - 01/31/05 11:27 AM
evie

Reged: 11/22/03

oh yeah. the hypnosis program got me through some hard times and helped me prevent more craziness than I needed. you know, we can't stop all our problems from coming, but we can learn to deal with them a little better. Letting go of worry is really a tough one for me too, and I'm glad you are finding a difference with the hypnosis program. Doesn't it feel much better when we can just relax?

I'm actually in recovery from eating disorders now, and thanks to Heather's wonderful experiences and research, and everyone here's advice, treating my IBS is actually now an automatic thing and the symptoms are far, far away for the most part, so that my other issues can take immediate attention. And working on IBS has supplemented my recovery with eating very well.

Thanks for asking Lauriea!
*estella

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3647 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review