All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some advice: IBS-A for the first time EVER!
      #144628 - 01/30/05 08:23 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I know lots of you are probably used to this but this is totally new to me. I usually IBS-D all the time. I have some normal BMs occassionally but usually it's D to some degree (sorry to be so graphic!) But the last couple of days it's been nothing - kind of a nice break - and then today terrible cramps and this 'fullness' feeling, a few fairly difficult bms (although I might be just a total wuss at it now after having D for so long! lol) and some mucous (eww sorry!)

I had really bad cramps last night, after trying broccoli for the first time in a while (wanted to see if I could handle it... answer: no). Plus I was kind of stressed out while I was eating because I was going to a friend's party later where I wouldn't know many people. I'm not sure if that's related or not (is broccoli constipating???) as the cramps were not unusal for me in any way.

I'm also ovulating right now, so I was wondering if maybe that's causing it... though it never has before.

I'm sure I can make it through this, I just have no idea what's causing it! Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some advice: IBS-A for the first time EVER! new
      #144641 - 01/30/05 10:25 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I'm afraid I don't know what's causing it... I don't like broccoli, and I don't eat it!

I'm feeling C at the moment as well. I find lying on my back and folding up my legs (like a foetal position but on my back) helps move things along and get trapped gas out. I'm not sure what other advice to give though, because I'm feeling a bit lost myself.

--------------------
*Emma*

#144678 - 01/31/05 05:36 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I was D when first diagnosed, and when I began to swing toward the C side, it took me over a year to figure out what was going on! A lot of the same things trigger the C (stress, foods, ect...) but you do have to really incorporate the SFS, water and excercise to get things moving. If I have to suffer with this IBS business, I almost prefer the D. But, I've been mostly C and sometimes A for more than two years now. The Acacia, water, cal/mag supplements have really turned things around. Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#144696 - 01/31/05 06:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Like bamagirl said, SFS and exercise are particularly important if you're A. Try having some pureed IF veg to get things moving, or something like blueberries or raisins.

#145120 - 01/31/05 11:58 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

retrograde are you takeing any imodine pills at all? for your d. try eating some white rice. hope your feeling better soon. ibs is a big pain. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 487

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review