All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Beans are my friend!?
      #144261 - 01/30/05 06:55 AM
jujubeeof2

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: California

I wanted to wait until a week had passed with GOOD bowel movements, that beans really help me! I'm IBS-C, and I thought I'd brave eating baked beans 6 days ago. They did not hurt my stomach or cause too much gas, but they DID help me to have better BM's! I will eat them everyday now! I put them on toast so as to combine them with a soluble fiber. I even cheated yesterday and ate chocolate and has no tummy troubles. I won't do that again for a long while, but I just felt so darn normal yesterday, for the FIRST time in a long while, that I had to have some chocolate. Not saying this will work for everyone, as we all know too well what works for one doesn't work for all, but it did help me and I felt compelled to share!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

aren't they great... new
      #144278 - 01/30/05 07:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I love them... not baked beans but refried and hummus... and all kinds of other beans - blck beans, pintos, kidneys in soups, and spreads..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Beans are my friend!? new
      #144306 - 01/30/05 09:30 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

I know what you mean. I actually made a post about this a few weeks back, and I too have been amazed! I'm mostly C, but I'm somewhat of an A, so the beans keep me exactly where I wanna be!

Re: Beans are my friend!? new
      #144309 - 01/30/05 09:42 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I've been scared to death to try beans as they are notorious for gas and every article/book I've read on IBS says to stay away from them.

Well I too was desperate for relief after not having a BM for 6 day, even with zelnorm, colace, magnesium, triphala.

So, out of desperation, I ate lentils hoping for a BM! And it worked!!!I was ecstatic! Unfortunately, I ate them 4 days in a row because I was so thrilled that I had a BM, so this weekend I actually have D and I am usually a C. So too much of a good thing is a lesson for me. But at least I know what to do next time. And more pleasurable than an enema would have been! Yeah, I had stinky gas, but that was at night in the privacy of my own apartment. I am just happy for the BM!! Will definately keep these in my diet a couple times a week.

Maybe I will even be brave enough to try a new type of bean!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1704 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review