All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I wanted to introduce myself
      #144067 - 01/29/05 09:42 AM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

My real name is Connie, I am from Ohio. I am 56, I am seperated from my husband, who I cared for during a critical 8-9 year health crisis. I was the caregiver for my ill parents and neighbors. I ran our business while hubby was too ill to work. We have sued bad Drs. and got their license removed over their ill care for hubby. He has recovered, but my failing health and his type A personality made me worse.

I loved him enough to leave and try to get well. I had been on suicide watch at the early part of this change, but I have a deep faith, strong determination and belief that this illness, whatever it is or was, could be managed or I would simply say it's time to get on accross to the other side. I wasn't going to straddle my well husband with a sick woman, he couldn't take it, we were fighting horribly over my eating and weigh loss. We are talking now, but I can't trust him to know what's right for me to get well. Everything he had me doing cost me precious lbs. and time. He would be just furious if he knew what I was doing to get well. All these foods would be on the bad lists...:) I cannot stress strongly enough, how this site has helped save my life. I consider all of you strong survivors, and I want to be just like you in a few years. God gave me a sign that he was sending in the troops...:) Quess what! You are all Angels in my eyes...ornery too...:0 God bless you all and thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Welcome! new
      #144098 - 01/29/05 12:17 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It seems that your path to us has been very difficult. I'm so sorry for all you've suffered. This diet really is the answser you're looking for. It's well balanced, and includes all 4 food groups. I hope you find that you are among friends here. We all support each other here. Be sure to ask any questions you have. And again - welcome!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Hi Connie! new
      #144122 - 01/29/05 02:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm glad you took the time to introduce yourself... welcome to the boards, it's good to have you with us.

Welcome! -nt new
      #144135 - 01/29/05 02:57 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#144742 - 01/31/05 07:41 AM
Harmony

Thanks so much...You just don't know the stress it lifted from me to find this site. I have loads of questions, just don't know which ones to ask without looking dumb...:) dumber...:)

Re: Hi Connie! new
      #144744 - 01/31/05 07:43 AM
Harmony

Thanks...and are you the one that Dr. told to go eat cake to gain weigh? If so...what kind!...:) I will stock up...

Re: I wanted to introduce myself new
      #144781 - 01/31/05 08:45 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Harmony - welcome to the site!

Don't worry a bit about asking loads of questions. That's what we're here for.

Sorry to hear about your tough times, but am happy that Heather's diet has been able to help you. Looking forward to seeing more of you on the boards!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#144961 - 01/31/05 03:10 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

No questions are dumb here! Ask away - chances are, it's been asked before. If you're not sure, hit the search button at the top of the page and type in words for previously discussed topics. Chances are, we've talked about it before.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Welcome! new
      #144979 - 01/31/05 03:45 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I know I was also worried about asking questions, but everyone is helpful here. And if you use the search and can't find an answer(which happens to me, I am not computer savy) someone will point me in the right direction or create a link on their post. I also found it helpful to read the "sticky links" at the top of each board. I often re-read them!

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 995

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review