All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I don't feel good foods
      #143325 - 01/27/05 09:27 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

I have Ibs-c. I feel so nauses today and bloated,crampy,and like someone took a nife to my stomach and scratched it up.I need to eat because I'm very underweight any ideas? I feel like warm things for some reason it soothes me. Also in a past post people were talking about salads and Ibs-c making it worse. Did they mean the cramping or constipation because I feel like that would help or no? Also I'm going to the store and I hate to cook. Any good for the body frozen foods,canned,etc. I may go to trader joes too. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't feel good foods new
      #143341 - 01/27/05 10:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I love the hummus and pita bread at trader joes!! The pita bread will serve as the soluble fiber base and the hummus is insoluble, so that willhelp with the C! I eat salads when I'm stable, always with a bread first and non fat dressing. The salad will once in a while make me a bit gassey and sometimes give me a touch of D but most of the time, I'm fine with it and since I'm a C person, a little D once in a while is ok!

Buy some chicken, sometimes you can find it already cooked, if not you can just boil it with a little seasoning in the water until its done. Boil some noodles and rinse them with cold water to cool them. Chop up the chicken and add it to the pasta. The pasta will be your soluble fiber base, the chicken is protein. Add in some chick peas and red kindney beans for flavor and insoluble fiber! Mix it up with a little non-fat oil type dressing and add whatever kind of seasoning you like. I have a hickory sesoning I love! It keeps for several days in the fridge, its easy to make and tasts yummy!

You could buy some non fat, bakes tostitos and some salsa. Trader Joes also has frozed rice and vegetables mixes you can buy, just heat and eat. Just be sure to check the fat content, too much fat can upset tummy! I just bought some southwestern flavored fresh salmon "steaks" from Trader Joes last week! All you do is bake them! They were delicious! I served them over a rice pilaf, yummy!! Trader Joes has lots of yummy rice pilafs to choose from. If you get some of the long grain or wild rice ones, they will have more insoluble fiber in them and help with the C!! Thi Kitchen noodle bowls are great also! Just add water and nuke! Again, you can add some chicken or veggies to these to dress them up a bit for a meal! Can you tell I love Trader Joes?!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#143346 - 01/27/05 10:10 AM

Reged: 01/05/05

There is really a lot you could eat however when everytime you eat you feel "icky" you do not even want to eat. Try hot tea while you eat and after you eat - it does not always help me but it is soothing!

#143352 - 01/27/05 10:18 AM
michele

Forgot to mention, I would die without my heating pad! Whenever my tummy is misbehaving, its a life saver! It helps the muscles to relax and just plain feels good! :

--------------------

speaking of heating pads... new
      #143358 - 01/27/05 10:25 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I could almost cry becuase my heating pad that I have had for years died on me last week!!! My mom got that one for me and now I really don't know where to look for a new one. Any good suggestions?
Thanks,
Min

Re: speaking of heating pads... new
      #143361 - 01/27/05 10:34 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

My bf got mine from Rite Aid, I think most drug stores (chain ones at least) carry them.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: speaking of heating pads... new
      #143372 - 01/27/05 10:54 AM
michele

I go through them about once a year! I usually sleep with them on at night and I think it burns them up!! I just bought a new on at Walgreens a few weeks ago. I spent a little extra on it, I think it was almost $40.00 but it has 5 heat settings and can be set for either 2 hour shut off or it will run until you turn it off!! You can probably get them cheaper at places like Wal Mart and K-Mart! I've seen them for as little as $9.95 before!

--------------------

#143413 - 01/27/05 12:05 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

Sorry you are feeling so lousy. I am also a C and I have found in the past few months that any type of IF makes my symptoms way worse... more constipation, tightness, bloating,, and cramping. I'm not partial to warm foods as far as having good results, but i've been eating a lot of chicken noodle soup lately and not having too many reactions. Trader Joes has some wheat free gluten free waffles that are high in SF but not IF.. maybe you could try those? And they have good chicken noodle soup so maybe try that? Good luck!

#143467 - 01/27/05 02:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Here's a list of IBS friendly snacks. web page If you're underweight, I would try several small meals/snacks a day. Take them from the snack list and eat them often.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#143591 - 01/28/05 12:44 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

Thank you all for your ideas. The heating pad I never thought of. I'm going to try that today.I take a lot of baths that help a little. I was so crampy and constipated for more then a week then today I had diarea. There is no rime or reason to this. Now I know I will be constipated again for ever.I have another apt with the doc. I had the colonoscpy which didn't show anything but my blood work is off so there concerned.So many foods ick me out and the nausea is horrible but I can't pin down to certain foods well except spicy or beans.Well some meats but I know you all have issues with dairy but I don't in small doses or wheat. Thanks again and feel good to all.

I was just wondering if long grain rice is ok..I searched new
      #147261 - 02/06/05 01:11 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

And found your great ideas. I think that sounds good for supper. I have Uncle Ben's and it's mixed with veggys, onion? and garlic chicken. The garlic smells strong. I hope I can handle it. Good ideas. We don't have trapper Joes in our area. We have the Mustard Seed and Raisin Racks..I loved your valentine endings..wish I knew how to do that.

#147264 - 02/06/05 01:23 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

What is your favorite tea? I don't do well with the peppermint, but do like ginger and lemon and cinnamon and apple. I have some passionfruits tea and they are good. Raspberry is safe, I use to love that...didn't know it caused cramps tho...just learned that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review