All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
SFS... new
      #142908 - 01/26/05 10:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...means a supplement not food, eg. Acacia, Metamucil....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: after you eat????? new
      #142917 - 01/26/05 10:23 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

We can all relate to some degree. Food loses its appeal all together when you suffer with every meal! I begin each meal with SFS and digestive enzymes. Keeps me almost normal as long as I keep a handle on the stress.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#142919 - 01/26/05 10:31 AM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

I notice you take Librax. I do also 30 to 60 mins before each meal. I've noticed at time's after I take one I get alittle sick at the tummy .But after I eat it goes away.
You know Librax is a gut tranzlier & it as a small among of xanax in it. I use to take Xanax & my system got worst!
So I took myself off that number. But the librax (gen) brand is the only thing so far that as help with the D. Other then Immodium. I only drink warm or room temp. drinks. Good luck!

Bamagirl new
      #142921 - 01/26/05 10:33 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do you mind me asking what brand of digestive enzymes you take? How's the probiotic going?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

No Cheating! new
      #142923 - 01/26/05 10:35 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I hate to tell you this, but from my own miserable experience, you can't just partially follow Heather's diet. If you don't follow Heather's diet on a full-time basis, you will get sick.

If I stray even one millimetre away from the diet, I can get an IBS attack. However, as long as I follow all the rules of the diet, I am pain free and fine.

One of the key things is to switch to organic food. I can't stress this enough in my postings. I don't think the average person on this message board appreciates how sensitive their gut can be and how tainted our regular food supply is. Conventional food contains all sorts of things that can trigger IBS attacks.

Another key element is to stay away from prepared foods or anything containing additives. Lots of people on this board eat prepared foods (potato chips, etc.) and most of those people are still sick.

I feel great since I began following the rules of Heather's diet and switched to organic and stayed away (with just a few notable exceptions like additive-free babyfood and organic Earth Balance buttery spread) from prepared foods.

Prior to that, I had been sick with IBS attacks for 45 years!

Re: Bamagirl new
      #142964 - 01/26/05 11:56 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I don't remember the brand of digestive enzymes, and forgot to look at home. I'll try to remember and get back to you on that. Probiotics are going fine I guess. I am going every day, sometimes twice a day, so that is improvement. Still dealing with incomplete feeling at times, but otherwise, I've been very satisfied! I will probably switch enzymes again before it's all over, because I'm taking a hard tablet now, and the earlier samples from Source Naturals were capsules. I noticed more improvement with the capsules. Hope this helps.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

exactly.. new
      #142966 - 01/26/05 12:00 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I take my supplement either in a soluble food (applesauce) or in tea or water.. and I also tend to take my first peppermint cap then too... then later I might take a second... but the big one is I start taking care of myself... and I get the morning jumpstarted because my tummy is empty then.. once I have that buffer, I can start eating and keep at it in small amounts all day long...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: exactly.. new
      #142970 - 01/26/05 12:06 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

Some of the posts read metamucil or acacia (I take neither of those) and then you indicated actual soft food (applesauce). I am real confused! Also what are some brand names for soluble fiber supplements in pill form????

#142991 - 01/26/05 12:34 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I tend to be more C and that is where the miralax I hope is working. My only problem (somewhat of a big one) is that I feel sick and cramping/gassy after I eat (and it does not matter what). The librax has not helped thus far but I will try drinking just hot water during and after my meal - I will try anything. I hope the effexor works eventually too!! I have only been on that a few weeks. any other suggestions???????

Thanks

Angie and Casey new
      #142993 - 01/26/05 12:39 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Hmmmm... maybe ginger also helps because it is known to increase appetite? maybe getting more hungry and needing something in your belly overran the anxiety?
just speculating... I love ginger! It seems to help things move through me in a gentle way, relieves my trapped gas I sometimes get, and best of all, it is so darn tasty!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1648 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6723

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review