All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! IBS & Menstrual Cycle
      #141876 - 01/24/05 09:50 AM
JldDolphin

Reged: 10/12/04
Loc: Long Island, New York

I haven't been on this site for a while now, because things were going well with my IBS. But over the last month, I haven't been doing so well.

My question to any of the ladies is, do they have more problems with their IBS during "that time of the month"?

I have had IBS-C for 4 years now and it's had it's up's and downs over that time, but for the most part I don't have it that bad compared to many others on this site.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! IBS & Menstrual Cycle new
      #141904 - 01/24/05 10:41 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oooooh do I relate to you right now! I went off the pill a few months ago and am still busy establishing a cycle of my own, however...my IBS is sooo much better in the first part of my cycle..but the build up to the next period is horrendous...I got my first IBS attack last night for a long time...horrible...I am beginning to think I am pregnant because my period is still not here and I feel AWFUL!!! but in answer to your question...my IBS is much worse in the build up to my period!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Help! IBS & Menstrual Cycle new
      #141913 - 01/24/05 10:54 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes I suffer more during my cycle! I am also IBS-C and I have to eat more insoluble fiber to help keep things moving during that time. Plus I also suffer from really bad cramps the first day so it aggrevates by stomach as well. I just use heating pad, drink peppermint tea, and use ibprofen very little. I can tolerate it but some cannot. I use it on the first day of cramps only because that is the worst. Hope that helps!

Thanks Ladies. Though I was alone with this one. -nt new
      #141959 - 01/24/05 12:09 PM
JldDolphin

Reged: 10/12/04
Loc: Long Island, New York

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2033 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review