All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just want to express my yogurt frustrations
      #140491 - 01/20/05 07:05 PM

Unregistered

So one of my favorite things used to be yogurt and granola and since this whole IBS business started last year I'd pretty much forgot all about my past love. Well lately I keep getting reminded how yummy that is and it's making me mad that I can't eat it! I had tried Soy yogurt many many many months ago back when my IBS was still pretty new, but needless to say that gave me an almost immediate attack (otherwise I can eat soy all day and it won't bother me) and I've been afraid to try it since even though my attack could have come from something else back then.

So the other day my mom and I had lunch together and she had this super yummy yogurt parfait and I just wanted to eat it so bad! Then yesterday I was in our new Whole Foods Store (which is amazing by the way) and they had this homemade granola that you could die for and it was calling out to me! Now I'm usually the type that craves things like chocolate (which thankfully I can get away eating in moderation) but what is this burning desire for yogurt and granola? I mean it's not like it's THAT special! Well this post doesn't have much of a point I guess, but I just had to express how much I am seriously missing eating something as stupid as yogurt and granola. Anyone else have any silly food cravings so I don't feel so stupid?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

give it another try... new
      #140522 - 01/20/05 07:47 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

On a day you have nothing to do, and having some D wouldn't be the end of the world, give soy yogurt another try. If your reaction happened when you were just starting on the diet, there's really no way to know that the soy caused it. Heck, when I first started, even a dinner of plain grilled chicken with rice had me running for the can five minutes later! My favorite brand is Wildwood Soy Yogurt, and I got it at Wholefoods. Even the plain is passable, and I grew up on homemade plain yogurt so I am very picky!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

I love Wildwood Soy yogurt too!!-nt- new
      #140539 - 01/20/05 09:19 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

--------------------
~Angela

Re: I love Wildwood Soy yogurt too!!-nt- new
      #140577 - 01/21/05 05:48 AM
AllisonL

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

You might try Whole Soy and Co. - it is really tasty and they have it at WHole Foods. I really love it. Esp the rasberry and the plain.

Thanks guys! I think I might be brave enough to try again now -nt- new
      #140616 - 01/21/05 08:53 AM

Unregistered

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 992 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review