All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I just lost my job. What can I pig out on that won't make me sick?
      #139748 - 01/18/05 04:03 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Right after I found out I went directly home and had a bowl of cheerios with chocolate chips (non diary). I know that was not the best choice but I neeeeeeeeeded chocolate. I'm so bummed out I don't know what to do next.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I just lost my job. What can I pig out on that won't make me sick? new
      #139751 - 01/18/05 04:06 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

AD brownies? Soy chocolate ice cream?

Take care!

#139753 - 01/18/05 04:13 PM
angelwhispers

Reged: 12/12/03

I'm so sorry. I find I can tolerate "some" (not Hersheys or any with milk in them) dark chocolate. The one I tolerate the best is Dove Promises dark chocolate. Now I don't guarantee everyone can tolerate them but I can. I don't mean eat the whole bag but I can tolerate up to 3 and when you just let them melt in your mouth they last a long time and are so yummy. a bowl of miniture Marshmellows is my stress buster.

#139756 - 01/18/05 04:18 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm sorry to hear that....

How about RKT (add a little cocoa powder)?
Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#139759 - 01/18/05 04:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear it.

I was just going to suggest the antidepressant brownies. Actually, I'm fully PMS'ing right now, and what's really satisfying my chocolate cravings is Jello Chocolate Fudge instant pudding (it's dairy-free!) made with soy milk. It doesn't harden up really firm, but it's SO chocolatey!

Chany, just wanted to say ... new
      #139800 - 01/18/05 08:13 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sorry about the job loss. I hope you find something else soon. Times are hard, and as much as I hate my work schedule, guess I should consider myself lucky for having one at all.

GL with your search for a new and better job! Maybe this wil bring a better opportunity for you!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Chany- new
      #139823 - 01/19/05 03:45 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

a) sorry about the job loss, hpe you find a new one soon...
b) mom reminded me of an old treat and its safe (within reason) remember that chocolate butter spread you get in israel- its pareve, has about the same amount of fat as peanut butter, and is YUMMY based on cocoa and sugar- at least the brand I bought at her israeli grocery in Atlanta... dunk pretzel rods in it...

another sweet treat- nondairy chocolate chips melted with marshmellows and a bit of water- makes a yummy chocolate treat- again on pretzels or anything else safe... and if you go for just a few chocolate chips and lots of marshmellows its not very fattening at all!

Good luck!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Aw! Casper!!! new
      #139886 - 01/19/05 09:19 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh no!! So sorry to hear about your joblessness!! I too lost my job a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, you will get over the initial sting eventually. A mondo pigout is indeed in order. My favorite pigout food is fresh eggbread dipped in decaf coffee, but I understand if you prefer chocolate. How about a soy ice cream fudge ripple? Dark chocolate chips melted over soft french bread is good too. Or maybe being bad is forgivable too.

Remember your diet is about quality of life, and it might be worth it to indulge in some m&m's. Hey, it's not like you don't deserve them.

~nelly~

#142500 - 01/25/05 11:54 AM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

Can I just ask if your losing your job had anything to do with the IBS? I only ask because I often wonder what jobs other people manage to hold down w/this disorder. I thankfully work in a call center where I have lots of freedom to hide behind my desk and take as many bathroom breaks as I need and wear very casual comfy clothes. If I lost this job, I don't know what else I could do. Very sorry to hear about your troubles and really hope you find something to replace it soon!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review