All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Felt so good after...
      #138265 - 01/14/05 06:03 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Seeing if anyone else goes throught this feeling too- Or am I alone on this one.
Woke up this morning- started the day off with a cup of peppermint tea, a zelnorm, then 30 minutes later a bowl of Quaker maple/brown sugar oatmeal.
Had a BM (bulky) 15 minutes later- FELT WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Then about 45 minutes later I got the semi sharp pains as If it were gas or I had to go to the bathroom again. I went in and nothing!!! I passed a little gas which relieves it temporarily ( about 3 minutes) then the "waves of crmaps come back again....
Im preparing myself another cup of tea and am going to munch on some graham crackers shortly...
Is this what other ibs'ers feel. It's almost as if I pass the BM and then my insides are achey from passing the bm...

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Felt so good after... new
      #138271 - 01/14/05 06:14 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yes this can happen...it's normal so don't get too worried about it. I'm not sure exactly why this happens but I'm guessing it's because all of a sudden our bowels go from being packed full (sorry I know that's gross) to being empty so it makes them spasm??? I'm not sure really. Maybe someone else on the boards knows how to prevent/remedy this.

#138273 - 01/14/05 06:18 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Yep, Ive had that too...you have a normal(ish) bowel movement and feel great...like you've relieved yourself and then not long after and you're back to square one...those sharp gas pains...arent they aweful! Then its like you've spiralled out of control...know the feeling well. I actually cant tolerate oatmeal full stop. Im ibs-d and it just makes me go immediately after...although if I used it in baked goods it doesnt bother me...things that are either porridge/soup/icecream/milkshake like just dont sit well in my tummy!!!

--------------------
Natalie

#138322 - 01/14/05 07:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I get this also. Can't really explain exactly why but it is frustrating to say the least! I do find that taking 2 gas-x in the am and 2 in the pm has helped. I don't know if gas pockets get built up inbetween the poo in your colon and causes these cramps or what but the gas-x has helped but I find I have to take it regulary, everyday, to get any relief.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#138325 - 01/14/05 08:07 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I ended up having another bm a little bit ago--- That releived the pressure/pain somewhat- but my question to this IBS is why couldn't it have all come out in one shot.
I hate when I have a bm then an hour later have another one...Not D, normal bm. I tried gas x once before and say the enxt morning I didn't feel the greatest so I blamed it on the gas-x -- It probably wasn't the gas-x but something i ate.

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#138411 - 01/14/05 09:44 AM
jujubeeof2

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: California

I was getting this everyday, then I discovered if I go and eat something with soluble fiber right after I poop, I feel much better. Somehow it soothes my insides and I don't get that feeling hardly at all now. My choice is a bowl of oatmeal. It really helps me, but I'm not sure why. I also make sure to stop drinking hot liquids after I have a BM, as that makes the gut contract again. I live on gas=x and enteric coated peppermint capsules. All of these things have reduced, practically taken away, that feeling of cramping after a good BM that would bring so much relief, but short lived. I know exactly what that feels like and it's awful.

--------------------

#138415 - 01/14/05 09:46 AM
jujubeeof2

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: California

That's the sucky part of IBS. The motility shuts down in certain areas of the gut, so you get out part of the BM, and only when the gut feels like relaxing will it release the rest of it. Not fun and so not fair! That's why really sticking to the diet and getting the gastro-reflex back in order is imperative.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 779

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review