All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
minimizing gas odor
      #137852 - 01/12/05 04:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I can't believe I almost forgot to post this. There was a newspaper article about charcoal panty liners for gas odor. Here is the website . They are really supposed to work. I am debating ordering them for really bad days. They seem pretty expensive.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: minimizing gas odor new
      #137856 - 01/12/05 04:38 PM

Unregistered

Oh my gosh I never would have thought that such a thing would have existed! How did you come across that?? Thankfully I don't think I'll be needing them at this point in time, but if someone tries them tell us how they work because that just seems amazing that it could work!

#138146 - 01/13/05 04:00 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I read about them and threatened my DH with them if he didn't stop smelling up the place. He doesn't have IBS but he's still the King of Farts!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#138183 - 01/13/05 07:16 PM
Little Minnie

Certain foods will do that!
I think I will order them soon. They are $12.95 each but they say you can wash and reuse them for weeks. I can't decide if that is gross or not. But I really do believe they work.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#138281 - 01/14/05 06:32 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wow....it never ceases to amaze me the things they can think of these days!!

I'm lucky enough that my gas doesn't smell bad. I have lots of it but it's pretty much odourless unless I have a bug or something....the only thing I have to worry about is the noise!! LOL I wonder if they'll come up with something for that? A panty noise reducer or something....

#138577 - 01/14/05 03:56 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

LOL Kimm!! A "muffler"!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Saturday NIght Live new
      #138628 - 01/14/05 06:08 PM
Little Minnie

had a skit once about that. When you farted the device would say intelligent things about news and politics.

--------------------

I can't help but think.... new
      #138639 - 01/14/05 06:43 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

that men who use them would have a greater appreciation for what we go through on a monthly basis.

Tia, LOL at your post!!!-nt- new
      #138702 - 01/14/05 09:23 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Maybe they would be more understanding...hehe

--------------------
~Angela

Innermints? new
      #138711 - 01/14/05 09:55 PM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Little Minnie,

I was looking at the other products on that site and at one point they say "No longer do you have to take Beano or Gasx or Innermint to curb your stomach gas or passing gas." I've never heard of Innermints so I found [url=http://www.innermint.com/]their site[/url. I posted an article about a French guy who was developing something like this a few months ago, but it appears they already exist (or maybe it's him!). Has anyone ever tried Innermints? Heard anything about it?

Am I volunteering myself to be the Guinea pig?

sperry_twiggins

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review