All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonoscopy results!
      #13741 - 07/10/03 03:51 PM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

The Gastroman told me today after the colonoscopy that my intestines are healthy looking, he found nothing wrong with them I believe he stated. He took some biopsies, but this is normal from what the nurses told me. He is seeing me for a followup visit on July 25th to go over the results with me.

If I had something other than what I have always thought is wrong with me, wouldn't the colonoscopy itself reveal anything so far as viewing the intestine itself? He was very vague about the test, but the nurse stated while he did the procedure he was pleased with what he seen. I suppose if he thought I had anything other than IBS he would of told me?

I am very uncertain at this point what is wrong with me anymore. Many things have been happening in my life, this whole questionable results thing has me more confused than ever.

Thanks for prayers and support!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonoscopy results! new
      #13817 - 07/11/03 03:06 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

If he said that they looked healthy and nothing wrong with them, I would guess that Colitis and Crohn's are not what you have. They never tell you for sure - but take heart, the 25th is soon. In the meantime, just try to relax. You will know soon and then you will know where to go from there.
Take care,
Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#13847 - 07/12/03 06:16 PM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

After the visit my parents think that it is my nerves. I have more of the symptoms of IBS than anything I have read about. I know that with Chrohns and Colitis that there are physical signs in the structure of the intestines, linings are thinner or thicker in certain areas.. I am certain if I had that my whole life it would show over the 29 years I've been on this earth hehe.

#13854 - 07/12/03 10:24 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hand your parents a copy of the First Year or print out some info from this site for them. IBS is definately not "nerves" and the sooner they understand what it actually is the sooner they can begin to support you.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1565 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 541

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review