Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
colonoscopy help
      #136932 - 01/10/05 01:45 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi,
I'm scheduled for my first colonoscopy & EGD on Thurs & aside from being very nervous about it I was also told not to take any asprin or minerals. Did you folks who've had it done have to stop taking your SFS? I forgot to ask at the doctors office & I've been such a pain about this test that I dont' think they want to hear from me anymore LOL. They did tell me to stop taking my probiotic so now I'm wondering about the SFS.
What do ya'll think?
Meryl

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: colonoscopy help new
      #137034 - 01/10/05 05:43 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Meryl,

Hi! This is my experience and only my experience. You might want to double check it with you docs office. I'm having a colonoscopy on Thursday. They have me Stopping everything except my essential Meds the day before and only drinking clear liquids and that awful stuff they gave me the day of the scope. I can eat or drink nothing until it's over with the day of. So this is a long winded way to say yes you need to stop your sfs the day before accordding to my docs office. Hope this helps.

Love,

Jamie

#137046 - 01/10/05 06:08 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Meryl!

There was a long discussion on this a while back. Just do a search on colonoscopy and you should find it. But calling them back and asking them is the best idea.

Oh, I just remembered something. Heather frequently points out that SFS is more like a food than a med. So I would apply their guidelines on eating to the SFS as well.

Hope that helps!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#137074 - 01/10/05 08:14 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi Jamie,
Yeah, I'm only allowed clear liquids the day before & then the night before I have to have the laxative stuff. In addition though,they said I have to stop asprin & minerals for a week before. My procedure will be done this Thursday so I was wondering if I could take my sfs tomorrow morninig. I really hate to go without it even for two or three days. I guess I'll have to call the Dr's office again tomorrow to ask them.
Good luck with yours.
Meryl

#137218 - 01/11/05 09:59 AM
sueAngell

Reged: 12/03/04

Hey, Meryl...my doc said I could take my antidepressants a day before the procedure, but that I couldn't take it the morning of the procedure. I was allowed, however, to take my birth control pills. To tell you the truth, after drinking all that go-lightly stuff, I couldn't even begin to contemplate the SFS!

Your best bet is to call your doc! I had a terrible time with the prep (because I was so constipated to begin with) and was very scared once everything started, so I called my doctor's receptionist about 5 times that day. During my visit after the colonoscopoy, I tried to apologize, but she just said, "honey, that's part of my job." So, even if you think you are being a pain, call! It's better than not knowing the answer to your questions!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4058 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 544

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review