All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Back on board
      #13643 - 07/09/03 01:38 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hello to everyone who remembers me, it feels like forever since I've posted even though it's only been a few weeks. Time moves fast in ibs land though and I've given up trying to catch up on all your posts!
Basically I've been in the middle of an extremely long process of applying for a new job, which has involved loads of preparation and hard work. I've got through the application stage and first interview stage, which involved an hour long written exam and a group exercise - lots of stress and travelling to get to a regional centre. I'm now through to the final stage (TOMORROW!!!) for which I have prepared a presentation and have to do 2 interviews with panels. Basically it's to change career and retrain, and it would be a great opportunity for me so WISH ME LUCK!
The good news is that throughout all of this, my ibs has been completely under control thanks to Heather's books and advice. The job would involve lots of travelling, long hours, studying (doing a college degree in 2 years whilst working) and stressful situations such as appearing in criminal courts, so I am just so happy that I am even at this point of being able to apply for it.
Sorry about rambling on, but I've really missed posting and conversing with you all, it's a bit like missing part of your family! Hope everyone is doing fairly well, I will definitely make sure I stay back in touch now I'm here.

Of course, if I don't get the job, I may just slink away in shame, now I've told you all about it lol!

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back on board new
      #13645 - 07/09/03 01:52 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Lots of Luck with the interview. I'm sure all your hard work will pay off! So glad to hear you are feeling good with all that stress! Congratulaions!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#13647 - 07/09/03 02:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

SARAH,

I'm SO PSYCHED for you! We've missed you too here in IBS land

I'm so glad your IBS is doing well!

Keep in touch!

*hugs*
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#13649 - 07/09/03 02:36 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Sarah! Welcome back!

That's so great your IBS has been under control! Congrats!

Good luck...hope you get the job! Keep us posted...and no slinking if you don't get it. You know we're here for ya either way.

Re: Good Luck new
      #13675 - 07/09/03 09:00 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Wishing you all the best and so glad to hear your IBS has been under control.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#13688 - 07/10/03 01:00 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hello hun,
Glad to hear things are going well for you i hope today goes ok for you - im sure after all the hard work it will pay off!! if u get chance email me and let me know how it all went! i have missed ya emails :O) take care xxx go get um!!!

#13762 - 07/10/03 10:58 PM
britsarah

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, I got through the interviews fine - felt I was nearly going to throw up at one point with nerves but I'd taken imodium so at least my tummy stayed calmish - aren't nervous tummies the worst when you have ibs anyway?!?
Will know results next Friday so am TRYING to forget about it 'til then!

--------------------
Sarah

Well done! new
      #13850 - 07/12/03 07:46 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Just wanted to say great job of keeping the stress under control, which is hard enough without having IBS!

I am dying to hear your results!

Congrats on everything so far. Oh by the way, I printed your email with IBS safe foods to get while in the UK and it helped a lot, thanks! I really enjoyed the Hovis Best of Both since I couldn't make my own bread, like I do here in the US. (In laws cooker is broke and only has 1 heat, extremely hot!)

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Re: Well done! new
      #13946 - 07/14/03 01:47 PM
britsarah

Thanks Sheri, and I'm glad you managed ok whilst here in the UK. It will be my turn to ask for help next, I'm coming over to the US for a 3 week vacation in August so I'm planning to read through past posts for ideas then post to ask for food brands to get. I have been several times before but not since I've been managing my ibs properly!
i just hope it will be ok heat wise. We're coming to Florida and I do like the heat but i remember last time my stomach got more upset than usual,and I only realised about the effect of humidity when I read 'The First Year'. Never mind, it'll be great whatever

--------------------
Sarah

Re: Back on board- job update new
      #14323 - 07/18/03 11:08 AM
britsarah

I got the job!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so amazed at myself! I woke up at 5am as I knew the letter was coming today and had a nervous stomach up until and even after I got it. So in September I start training as a Probation Officer (I think it's Parole Officer in the US). Lots of hard work but should be rewarding. Means I really do need to get my ibs in hand now, no more cheating and putting up with the consequences LOL!

--------------------
Sarah

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2502

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review