All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ending a long battle through medical tests, and realizing IBS may be culprit
      #136349 - 01/08/05 01:04 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

I didn't really know until today that the efforts to change my choices of survival foods was what was creating the problems. I have battled this for two years, tests for leisons and stones and cysts. Everything my dr is doing to move me to gain weigh is killing me inside. I hate to go back to her Tuesday and say that the milkshakes and nuts and boost is not the answer. I am hoping to take some of the literature from here to show her what I think I need to do. I have always weighed about 109, two years ago, I gave up fats and dropped to 85 and can't get it back up. It's caused emotional distress and questions of anorexia "not" and depression. Well, I am depressed, cant gain weigh. I want to gain weigh, but don't want to suffer to please the weigh gain. I need any good advice on how to convince my Dr. that we need to seriously look at IBS as the issue. Thanks for you responses in advance. I have learned so much by reading your posts today.

Harmony

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ending a long battle through medical tests, and realizing IBS may be culprit new
      #136368 - 01/08/05 02:40 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Hi Harmony,

I'm sorry you are going through this trouble. Do you have a definite dx of IBS? When you start the diet,I just wanted to warn, alot of people loose weight. Not all but alot. Since you have a weight issue I just want to mention it. Welcome to the board.

Love,

Jamie

Re: Ending a long battle through medical tests, and realizing IBS may be culprit new
      #136372 - 01/08/05 03:03 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

I started the diet, called a Hypoglycemic diet 2 years ago when I went through menopause. I didn't know at the time it was going to affect me when I tried to return to normal eating. I ate without the carbs and fats for about a year, and now I just can't get the weigh back. I am trying to eat little two bite meals with the stuff, but it destroys me.

#136393 - 01/08/05 05:30 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Hope you find the help here so many others have. Good luck and take care.

Love,

Jamie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 458

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review