All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about water intake...
      #135585 - 01/06/05 07:18 AM
The Cat Whisperer

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I've been reading through almost everything on this site, is a very good source of information. One thing I am quite confused about however is the amount of water one should take everyday. In one section ("IBS FAQ"), you mention that "For soluble fiber to normalize your bowel function you must drink enough water - aim for at least 128 ounces of water each day." that is twice the amount usually recommended... Does that include the water that I'm drinking with the fiber supplements?

As a side note, I live in Nova Scotia Canada, and have been unable to find anything besides Metamucil, which seems to be the black sheep of the fiber supplement family. Anyone in my area know where to get something different? I could order the tummy fiber online, but i worry about shipping, taxes, duty & remembering to re-order in time..

/c

--------------------
Christien Lomax (TheCatWhisperer)
thecatwhisperer@gmail.com
http://www.thecatwhisperer.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about water intake... new
      #135630 - 01/06/05 08:45 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

that is twice the amount usually recommended... Does that include the water that I'm drinking with the fiber supplements?

Yes it would include any and all fluids you intake even soup or soy milk or whatever. I personally feel as some doctors do that water intake should coincide with your weight and size. I am small and drink more like 80-100 oz max a day. If your water intake gets excessive it can cause some tummy trouble in fact. some people claim to be sensitive to this.
I would recommend Heather's acacia fiber. Alot of people in other countries take it. And it is so concentrated it ends up being pretty cheap. Order some tummy tea with it too and her books! I am sure they would help.
P.S. I would love to go to Nova Scotia some day!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Question about water intake... new
      #135649 - 01/06/05 09:14 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

From my understanding it is 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight. That includes water, tea, broth, water used in making your soup..etc.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9707 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review