All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
schmegs- question on your hypnosis new
      #134814 - 01/04/05 04:57 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are you going to do the hypno tapes, or go to a real live person? If you go to someone, make sure they are credentialed to specifically do gut oriented hypnosis. I think the website to find one is www.ibshypnosis.com or something like that.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acupucturist new
      #135118 - 01/04/05 11:23 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I was really lucky because mine was referred by my pediatrician and he's awesome...but it can definitely be hard to find a good one. I tried to find one in Southern Cal and I went to this crazy Chinese doctor who stabbed me with huge needles, made me bleed and cry, and wanted me to boil herbs in this huge pot in my dorm room!!! His treatment left me with a bruise and stigmata marks for a week! So, the point is don't go to anyone that isn't referred to you or isn't on a certified list. There is a good list onacupuncture.com and you could always ask them for a reference before you go. If you have a cool doctor, you could always ask them if they can recommend someone.

About the herbs, at first I thought they might be making me worse, but I think that was only when I took them on an empty stomach. One set particularly helped me, and I've had other helpful ones that I've tolerated fine. Hope that's helpful!!

--------------------
~Angela

Re: acupucturist new
      #135140 - 01/05/05 05:03 AM
schmegs

Reged: 01/03/05

Thanks for the info - I'm still trying to figure out which direction to go -- so many things sound interesting. I am going to schedule a LaStone Reflexology session for my birthday - from the description, you lay on a bed of hot stones and stones are placed on your seven chakras during the reflexology session -- sounds heavenly to me. Have a great day!

Schmegs-flax seed and IBS symptoms new
      #135164 - 01/05/05 06:47 AM
Augie

What type of IBS symptoms does it cause you?

See other question below!

--------------------
~ Beth

Schmegs- What is.. new
      #135468 - 01/05/05 04:31 PM
Augie

Rescue Remedy?
What fruits do you eat that are safe?

--------------------
~ Beth

Edited by Augie (01/05/05 04:41 PM)

Re: flax seed and IBS symptoms new
      #135473 - 01/05/05 04:40 PM
schmegs

After using it for a couple of mornings I had gas/cramps as I would if I ate insolubles on an empty stomach. I do fine as long as I eat a couple of servings of veggies throughout the day/drink tea and water/and exercise or do yoga. Are you dealing with chronic C? I don't really have that issue and don't know what to do for it. I'm pretty new to this whole IBS issue and am learning by trial and error. I've always eaten healthy foods, flax included, and now I'm amazed at what I can no longer eat.

Re: new to site/ibs new
      #135487 - 01/05/05 05:04 PM
schmegs

Hi - Rescue Remedy is a Bach Flower remedy (I guess it's considered homeopathic) that I use for mild anxiety. It's available at health food stores or Vitaminshoppe.com. It helps take the edge off when that dreaded anxiety flares up. It's available in a spray that you just spray on your tongue. I've generally had good luck with homeopathic remedies. I try not to use it too much -- I don't want to build up resistance to it. I use it more since I've had IBS for the last few months. I need to explore some other options for anxiety because lately it can be more intense than Rescue Remedy can handle. I've had mild chronic anxiety for many years and it's probably what brought on the IBS - so it's time to do something about it i.e. hypnosis/cognitive behavioral therapy etc. Your other question about fruits -- since IBS I really don't eat many because I'm on a macrobiotic diet where everything needs to be cooked. I'm not a big fan of cooked fruit, although I did make some apple crisp the other day and for the topping I toasted/ground the oats and mixed them with brown rice syrup. I did well with it -- but this diet is so much work as it is, I don't think I'll do that too often. One day I warmed up some blueberries in rice milk - it's okay if you're really desperate. I do need to make an effort to include fruit though because it's nutritious/fiber-rich. Are you able to tolerate raw fruit? Do you also experience anxiety with the IBS?

Re: schmegs- question on your hypnosis new
      #135702 - 01/06/05 10:45 AM
schmegs

I was going to go to a live person to work on the anxiety more than the IBS because I think the anxiety/stress is a primary issue. I am trying to decide on one of a few holistic practitioners who sound good and experienced, but they aren't cheap, and you need to see them often to get results. If I go to a regular therapist that would be covered by insurance I highly doubt I'll get the results I'm looking for. Have you tried Heather's hypno tapes? If so, are they focused on IBS or stress relief in general? I guess I should put that question on the boards.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2998 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2847

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review