All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bananas?
      #133883 - 12/30/04 07:11 PM
babygrl82

Reged: 12/30/04

even though bananas are a soluble fiber-as i've been eating them as i'm trying to start out on a strict soluble fiber diet for a week before reintroducing insoluble fiber again -it seems as if they cause extreme hyperactive activity in the stomach with strong pressure and intestinal gas, does this make sense even though it should be on the safe food list?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bananas? new
      #133891 - 12/30/04 07:33 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Sounds like you have a food sensitivity to it. It can happen every now and then. Try switching to another soluble fibre food and see if there's a difference.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#133904 - 12/30/04 08:44 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

They're not on my safe food list. They give me gas, bloating and D. Try using that soluable fiber list as a guideline, not the word of truth.

Some people react differently to different things, I know I do. The list is a good start, but You'll have to hone it down to what's safe for you!

~nelly~

#133914 - 12/31/04 12:15 AM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

God,some pain riddled days I practically LIVE on bananas-I'm SO sorry you have that reaction and i can't understand it! I don't know WHAT I'd do if I had your problem!You SURE it's the bananas,dumb as that question sounds?But it just goes to show you how mysterious the biological mechanism of this illness is right now-you ask why it bothers you and not others?If they could answer THAT,we wouldn't need a special diet-we'd have drugs for it and could eat whatever we liked.
Andrew L.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review