All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help PLEASE
      #133455 - 12/28/04 07:43 PM
gregorymom

Reged: 12/27/04

I guess this is supposed to be a social posting place but I'm so sick right now I can't take it. I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me. I've had IBS for years. Normally, I've been able to control it w/ diet. We completely remodeled our kitchen before Christmas. It's done now, but needless to say getting that done while trying to have the perfect Christmas for 3 kids & a hubby has taken it's toll on my gut! I can not leave the house because of MAJOR NOXIOUS gas & d. I was up all night last night sick. I've eaten only pretzels & rice today hoping to calm it down---- I'm still sick----- any ideas??????????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help PLEASE new
      #133520 - 12/29/04 08:15 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

No wonder you're not feeling good! Not only is the holiday season is stressful for everyone, but you had the added stress of remodeling too!

Sounds like you need to Break the Cycle for a few days to get your body back on track. After you get your body stable, then start adding more insoluble fibers into your diet.

Also try to get a bit of relaxation in! Take a few minutes of each day to take deep breaths, or get some exercise in there (that will really help!).

Hope this helps and hope you start to feel better soon!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#133554 - 12/29/04 10:15 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I agree with jennifer - break the cycle...be patient and above all...delegate your responsibilities to friends etc till you feel better...you MUST slow down...good luck!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#133677 - 12/29/04 04:51 PM
Amourette

Reged: 12/29/04
Loc: Petaluma, CA

I'm so sorry you're having these symptoms. Those are also my own symptoms, and they are as uncomfortable as they are embarrassing. Yes, you can't leave the house, but you also can't really stay in, because everybody's at home having to smell you there too. This is the solution I always try: they're right, you should do all safe foods for at least a day or two. Take lots of hot baths, and drink literally cup after cup of strong fennel seed tea. You can use a heating pad on your abdomen if you aren't able to be in the bath. Try not to gulp down tons of water (i.e., washing down your meal) as we tend to take in air when we do that. Also, go for a walk and let out all the gas you can, because holding it in makes it worse and last hours longer. Hope this helps.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 391

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review