All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going for a Hidascan tomorrow
      #133104 - 12/27/04 08:41 AM
CindyK

Reged: 12/21/04

Well I ended up having a gallbladder ultrasound last Thursday which turned out negative. I'm going for a hidascan tomorrow morning. I had a pretty good Christmas food wise. I had one bout of diarrhea which came shortly after I ate on Christmas Day. Have really felt pretty good the last few days. Knock on wood! Now they told me within 12 hours of my hidascan I have to eat something that is fatty (they suggested ice cream, twinkie something like that). Has anyone had a hidascan and does this sound right? They told me also I wouldn't be able to take my immodium if I get diarrhea. Oh boy! What punishment. I hope this gets to the bottom of the problem. I really hate feeling this way.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going for a Hidascan tomorrow new
      #133107 - 12/27/04 08:51 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I had a hidascan and never was told to eat anything special afterwards.

Why are you having this test done?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#133127 - 12/27/04 09:42 AM
CindyK

Going for the hidascan to see if my gallbladder is functioning properly to see if that may be causing my D and nausea. I have to eat the fatty treat within 12 hours before the test. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

#133128 - 12/27/04 09:43 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hey Cindy,

I'm afraid I've never had a Hidascan or even heard of one. Hopefully someone can help you better than I can.

In the meantime, I hope everything goes well with your test and good luck!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#133132 - 12/27/04 10:07 AM
nicky

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: Colorado

Hi Cindy,
I had a hidascan 2 yrs ago, and they told me to eat popcorn or ice cream about 12 hours before the scan. When I asked the nurse the next day why that was she said it's to make sure that your stomach isn't entirely empty. I'm assuming the reason why they said something fatty is because the hidascan checks the functioning of your gallbladder and the galbladder is where bile is stored, which helps you to digest fatty foods. I didn't eat ice cream because I thought I was lactose intolerant at the time, and had not yet discovered lactose-free ice cream, so I ate popcorn. Hope this helps!

--------------------
nicky

#133134 - 12/27/04 10:14 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Well, wasn't told to eat anything before either!

My test came back positive for delayed emptying GB! Which could be causing my C, but after having the test, my doctor didn't even do anything about the results! So, I guess I'm going to live with a malfunctioning GB the rest of my life, so what was the point!

Doc is afraid if he removes the GB I'll suffer chronic Diarrhea which tends to occur when GB is removed. As I am very C now, I may call him and beg him to take it out. But then if I do get D, I may be very sorry!

GL with your test and let us know how it goes and what the doc does for you.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Post Hidascan new
      #133371 - 12/28/04 10:57 AM
CindyK

Hidascan showed my gallbladder was working at 51% so they said that was normal. I ate a twinkie before going to bed last night like they instructed and so far hasn't phased me the least bit. Yeah! Although now I still don't know anything but I'm staying positive.

Re: Post Hidascan new
      #133377 - 12/28/04 11:32 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Thanks for letting us know the results, Cindy! Glad to hear everything turned out fine.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1367 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 915

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review