All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Here is my Story...
      #132909 - 12/25/04 08:28 AM
meshari

Reged: 12/25/04
Loc: Kuwait, Kuwait

4 years ago when i graduated from high school i was given free schorlaship to study in the states, once i arrived there problems began to occur from bloating problems to diarea, i didnt know what i had, so i went to check with some doctors they told me that i have IBS, and there is no Cure for it. soon i started not going to classes, because mostly i was ashamed of the high stomach voices lol, what they are called borgagmi something like that, anyways i tried to fight it and forced myself to go to classes, but the diarea and bloating kept bothering me till in the end i was expelled and lost my scholarship. i tried everything from peppermints, some stresss relief medicines to sports, and changed my diet but nothing helped me, i dont know what to do, i want to go back to University and get my degree, its funny that this things ruins my life. i feel like am being chained and cant break through.

forgive my bad english, any advices, comments are welcome.
thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm so sorry uo are going through this new
      #132950 - 12/25/04 08:51 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

It must be very frustrating. Have you tried doing an entire overhaul of your diet. In the end it was the only thing that did it for me. Read all the information that Heather has on this site about IBS. It's totaly worth the half an hour it will take. Then clean out your fridge and start over. I felt better after one week on this diet. (I found it a few days after I was rushed to the emergancy room with wht my Doc. thought was appendicitis, but turned out to be just a really bad attack? I think?) Anyway lots of luck and I hope you feel better soon. In the mean time stock up your bathroom with every novel and mags that you have been dying to read but just don't have the time. It will make the trips to the bathroom seem less ominous. Most important... keep in touch with all of us on the site. It's a great support group.

IBS for sure? new
      #133004 - 12/26/04 02:35 PM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

Maybe it's not IBS. What medical tests have you had? A doctor shouldn't say that it's IBS until you've had all of the tests to make sure.
I hope you feel better.

Re: IBS for sure? new
      #133076 - 12/27/04 04:58 AM
meshari

Reged: 12/25/04
Loc: Kuwait, Kuwait

well i had these tests:

Stool for ova, parasites
Urinalysis
Abdominal x-rays
Colonoscopy,

they didnt find anything wrong with me, but most thing i suffer from is bloating and loud stomach voices, whenever i eat something with fat or oil, i get diarrhea, and i go to bathroom each day alot of times. sometimes i feel pain at chest area near my heart, went to check on my heart but doctor told me nothing wrong with my heart, my stomach is full of gas most of the day that i cant think of anything only my stomach and the loud somtach voices lol its embrassing thing when it happened when i was attending in university at quite classes, everyone looking at me whenever my stomach makes some funny voices, anyways till now i dont know what will help me, the doctor even told me to take prozack even though i didnt have any stress problems, and that medicine didnt help me out, they gave me losts od gas relief medecines nothing helped me out. i just dont know what to do.

Meshari ... new
      #133083 - 12/27/04 06:19 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

... so sorry to read your story and the effect IBS has had on your life. That must have been really difficult to deal with, so far from home and wanting to do your best at your studies.

You say you have changed your diet, what kind of food do you eat now? If you have read the rest of this website, you will see that diet is very important for controlling IBS symptoms, so tell us what you have tried so far, someone may be able to make more suggestions.

Also, what about SFS? Can you get any in Kuwait? Again, if you read the links on the main website you will see that Heather strongly recommends using some SFS every day. You can order acacia powder, one kind of SFS, from this website. Some people with gas and diarrhoea as major symptoms also mention using probiotics - I don't take one myself, but you might want to do a search on that too.

Finally, as your symptoms started when you went abroad to study, do you think stress could be playing a part? Do the symptoms get better or worse at particular times or in different situations?

I used to suffer a lot from bloating, it has improved this year, partly because I have cut out a lot of high fat foods and also started eating smaller portions, little and often seems to help. I still get some gas but it is not so hard and painful as it used to be. I have stopped drinking tea and coffee and now drink only herbal teas, especially peppermint tea, which is very soothing when your insides are sore!

There are lots of people with IBS on these boards and a very wide range of symptoms. So feel free to ask more questions - there is bound to be someone with an answer or a suggestion. BTW don't worry about your English - it is excellent and nothing to apologise for!

Josephine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2025 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1090

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review