All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone else get this?
      #132429 - 12/22/04 01:15 PM
Lauriea

Reged: 08/18/04

I had some pretty acidic tomato sauce last night and I was fine until 3AM when I was awakened from sleep with SEVERE left sided lower abdominal pains. It felt like burning and I was sweating profusely that I thought I would call 911. But after about 20 minutes I passed some gas and the pain greatly decreased. Today all day I have had pain not only low down but in my stomach and upper stomach region. I'm so wiped out! Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. LA

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone else get this? new
      #132491 - 12/22/04 04:35 PM
BJake66

Reged: 10/17/04
Loc: PA

yes, I get the same pain when I am having an attack. Had one yesterday on the way to NYC - I ended up at my cousins Penthouse with a heating pad and drinking peppermint tea instead of going to the museam of Natural History with my husband, girls and cousins. Not fun!! Other pains when I am having an attack feel like the IBS is squeezing my ribs from the inside - pure agony! Today I am on the "what you can eat when you can't eat anything" plan. At least it is working. Hope you feel better - I am right there with you.

--------------------
Lisa

IBS-C, pain predominant

Tomatoes = evil spawn of satan new
      #132894 - 12/24/04 05:29 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Tomato juice, V8, soup, sauce, etc. will ALWAYS do exactly what you described to me!! I get burning, ripping pain followed by painful gas and explosive D.

It often happens long after I've injested the horrible stuff ("Oh, gee, I must be cured! Gimme some more tomatoes!") and then in the middle of the night, or the car ride home it hits me like knives stabbing through my stomach ("I am so stupid! Kill me if I ever touch tomatoes again. Promise me!!").

~nelly~

Re: Anyone else get this? new
      #132962 - 12/26/04 05:42 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I used to be right with you. How well I remember that stbbing pain. I stayed totally away from tomatoes until I was pretty stable -- then I only do them with a totally safe meal and one of two ways:

Either fresh - in small amounts -- very thin slices - always after soluble fiber.

Or in sauces - the fresher the better -- and I add sugar to cut the acid. Someone on here told me about adding sugar to cut the acid. I still don't go wild with the sauce. I try to keep it more pasta & less sauce. However -- the sugar helps.

I also take a digestive aid to help -- chewable papya enzyme.

I just love tomatoes -- and pasta. I wanted to find a way to have it safely. This works well for me. Of course -- we are each different -- and our IBS reacts differently. What works for me -- may not work for you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2859 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 594

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review