All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Embarassing Question
      #132259 - 12/21/04 11:31 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

All you IBS-Ders, when you get a bout, how often do you go? And how do you deal with the weakness? For me it starts out fairly solid, then gets looser and looser until I'm just passing liquid and I'm really wiped out. I can go up to six times over twenty minutes or so. Sorry to be so graphic, but I feel pretty alone in this right now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Embarassing Question new
      #132336 - 12/22/04 09:53 AM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

It's okay to ask graphic questions. People do it all the time on this message board. Don't feel bad about it. I wonder what's "normal" for IBS and non-IBS people, too.
I'm an IBS-D and when I have a bad bout, how much I go and how much time between "going" really varies. Yesterday, I had a really bad time with it and I went about nine or ten times throughout the day.
I've had bouts like you've described where it's solid at first and it gets...increasingly less solid. It's especially frustrating when I think I'm done and I have to go again.
To deal with the weakness, I just wait until I'm done going and try to carry on with the rest of my day. If I have trouble at night, I watch a movie with my family and try to relax and get my mind off of it.
I hope you feel better!

#132345 - 12/22/04 10:05 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

yeah same thing happens to me. Sometimes it will start off normal and I think yay.. but then it always gets less and less normal before i'm done.

I used to have D really bad.. sometimes all water like 10 times a day. It has become a little less urgent lately, but it still sucks.

--------------------

#132418 - 12/22/04 12:23 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It happens to the best of us and I totally know how you feel about being wiped out. It feels like you got run over by a truck or something and that you're stuck and don't want to move anymore. Have you tried peppermint tea? It will actually stop a D attack for me. It's truly a wonder drug. REmember when you have severe D it's important to keep up your fluids. Drink lots. IT will avoid dehydration.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1791 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 406

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review