All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I OVERATE AGAIN,owwwwwww,help!
      #132206 - 12/21/04 05:29 PM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

Dear Hearts;
I'm in agony right now bc I overate for dinner AGAIN and made a real effort NOT to-just that piece of toasted bread put me over the top with the salmon filet and I was so hungry!I've tried everything for portion control,including using TEACUP PLATES! I just HATE eating by the handful all day long! Is THAT what it's gonna take?!?
Andrew L.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I OVERATE AGAIN,owwwwwww,help! new
      #132213 - 12/21/04 05:57 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Can't help with the pain but I get the whole eating small bits regularly is frustrating thing! With 3 kids I'm lucky if I have time for my usual 3 meals let alone anything else. Hope your tummy eases up a bit soon. Have you tried eating yummy (but good for you) things all day long as opposed to bread and rice and (umm boring) stuff. Maybe that would stop you feeling deprived enough to over eat at one meal time? Hang in there.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Tis the season.....to overeat! new
      #132218 - 12/21/04 06:05 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Let's see for lunch today I had tomato pie, a turkey wrap, potato chips, some potato soup, millions of christmas cookies and candy and some soda (sprite). We had our work christmas party at lunch today. I couldn't help myself! I did stay away from the cheesecake though. Christmas Eve I will overeat again, Christmas day, overeat again. All I can say is thank goodness for my Bentyl. It's been helping tremendously! Hey sometimes you just have to enjoy the bad things You only live once

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#132231 - 12/21/04 06:40 PM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

OOOOHHHH you poor thing.

I know it sounds trite but have you tried peppermint tea. I think peppermint tea is a gift from God and my heating pad is my best friend. lol. (Not to make light of your pain!) I am truly sorry your suffering.

My trick to not over eat is to take my fiber. (Not much Fun or very yummy.) If I take it 20-30 minutes before I eat I'm not "starving" and eat less. I wish I could fix this for you!

Take care...hope you feel better.

Love,

Jamie

#132237 - 12/21/04 07:35 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Oh, Andrew, what are we going to do with you? Fifty lashes with a wet noodle, but you might eat it! Just kidding!

It's really hard to "nibble" all day, especially because we are all busy people. This time of year, we're even busier AND there's all those darn cookie platters and work functions tempting us!

I feel your pain, I did something REALLY bad today. I had the day off and took my son to a museum. THe cafeteria had only squishy pre-made sandwiches (gross!) or junk food. I ate a cheeseburger! OMG, I'm feeling it tonight. I have been pretty stable lately, and have UC more than IBS, really. But oh boy, yes, I feel your pain. My stomach is echoing with protest.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Try to wean yourself slowly off of the full meals. Like, snack around 10:30 so you're not so hungry at noon, then your lunch could be smaller. Make yourself snack again around 2-ish...it's just a matter of making a routine of it.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

the human body... and eating... new
      #132281 - 12/22/04 03:38 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

it takes 20 minutes for the body to know its full... so eat very slowly, eat a little.. don't try to finish that last bit... give it 20 minutes.. if your still hungry, then have it... and yes- eating small portions all day long is the biggest help I"ve found in controlling it.. if I miss one of my small meals I tend to overeat trying to make up for it because I'm so hungry!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5989 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review