Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
make D less volcanic
      #131848 - 12/20/04 11:14 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi ya'll..

I know its hard to stop D altogether.. but has anyone found anyways to make it less loud.

I guess I can live with D.. but is there anyways to make D silent so the entire house doesn't hear the eruptions?!?!

I know.. sounds gross..but D is always so gassy.. has anyone found a way to stop this?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: make D less volcanic new
      #131880 - 12/20/04 12:18 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Hi ya'll..

I know its hard to stop D altogether.. but has anyone found anyways to make it less loud.

I guess I can live with D.. but is there anyways to make D silent so the entire house doesn't hear the eruptions?!?!

I know.. sounds gross..but D is always so gassy.. has anyone found a way to stop this?

ROFL!! I loved the "volcanic"!! hehe

I would love to have an answer to this also! Someone once told me they flush to cover up the noise, but you can only flush so many times!

#131888 - 12/20/04 12:43 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

OMG! I love the way we can say anything in this forum. I just this morning posted in The Living Room about my fear of "making noise" in public restrooms.

My family has gotten used to it, though my husband has threatened jokingly to build an outhouse for my exclusive use so he doesn't have to hear me!

Sorry, no real solution. I have done this in public restrooms when desparate. Warning: gross! Muffle the sound with a huge wad of TP. Make sure to use enough TP or, well, EW, that could get messy!

OK, I've grossed out myself. Good luck and know that there are many of us in the same boat with you!

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#131889 - 12/20/04 12:44 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

This sounds a little odd, but try playing some really loud music, or have an action movie on (with really loud gunshot scenes).

Buy a shower radio and keep it in your bathroom, to "entertain you while you shower". Nobody'll know the difference!

#131891 - 12/20/04 12:45 PM
lobstress

Reged: 11/29/04

I use the bathroom fan. It usually helps me.
If possible, I also like to use a bathroom that isn't as close to where everyone is.

#131893 - 12/20/04 01:00 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

I once worked in a clinic that had this bathroom way in the back that used to be for the ambulatory surgery clinic. When the clinic was closed the bathroom wasn't used. You could make as much noise as possible and no one could hear you. I think that the self-conscious feelings about being quiet make things worse, just go in there and let it rip! (although my wife says that it is different for women, she said guys don't care how loud they are).

#131955 - 12/20/04 04:47 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Thank guys... its a pain.. especially having to go when boys you are dating are around. I try to muffle sounds and flush.. and I think i'm so quiet.. but my family always yells up GROSS ASHLEY and can always hear. ugh (haha i'm home visiting them right now).

Anyways.. has anyone found any relief with the use of gasx daily in making D less loud.. or does that not really help either?

--------------------

Re: My ritual..... new
      #131978 - 12/20/04 06:41 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I so get this. Every time we have a visitor I panic wondering if the d is gonna strike while they're here! I usually (at the first sign of pain or movement) put the telly on and sit in the loungeroom (hopefully they will follow, some music on the stereo is also good), then when I go I chuck a huge wad of loo paper into the loo so nothing really "hits" the water and while I go I mask any smells by spraying tiny bits of air freshner (I get embarrassed spraying it loudly in one hit, everyone knows what I've done!). I'm kinda weird aren't I?

--------------------
Amy

#132005 - 12/20/04 08:29 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Have you tried Immodium Advanced? It has anti-gas stuff in it.

Oh, and light a match afterwards to get rid of the smell. (Of course you might blow up the bathroom if you do - ha!)

Mags boyfriend? new
      #132019 - 12/20/04 11:23 PM
Laura107

Reged: 12/19/04

Is your boyfreind's name Robert C.?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1612

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review