All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The tables have turned ... from D to C
      #13182 - 07/05/03 11:43 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

For the first time in my whole life, I am constipated! Luckily, I am taking this with a bit of humour - it's a new experience for me. As an FYI - I was D predominant but since I've landed in the hospital on complete bedrest, I'm now C! I am trying to just keep up as well as I can on hospital food - lots of soluble fiber. I'm not allowed to get up and walk, only for bathroom privileges - so drinking a ton of water isn't exactly rosy either.
It's an interesting perspective for me as moderator - it will help me relate to all you "c's " out there. I just hope I'll settle in once I'm over all the shocks etc.
Update - baby and I are doing just fine, and I'm behaving and doing as I'm told. Trying to stay busy and positive.
Hugs, Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The tables have turned ... from D to C new
      #13187 - 07/05/03 01:15 PM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

Sorry to hear of your dilemma!
You can probaby ask them for some prunes. They will probably be well cooked and in some liquid, so they shouldn't give you any problems. I eat them every day with no problems. They really help keep me more regular with my C, but I do eat quite a few to get me going. Also ask them for some "stool softner". It's in pill form and that really helps me sometimes too. These things are probably pretty easy to get in a hospital setting, I would think. Welcome to the other side of IBS!

--------------------
~GEA~

#13278 - 07/07/03 06:44 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Hans-

I am so sorry, I am IBS-C and it is the worst, even worse than D and I know that can be bad. I agree with GEA go for the prunes or maybe some prune juice mixed with another fruit juice so the taste doesn't do you in. You might try some peaches too and the stool softeners do help.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

#13288 - 07/07/03 07:34 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Citrucel is working wonders for my C; however, you will have to drink lots of water in order for it to work. As my mother would say, "Bless your little heart!" I know it must be hard being bedridden and having C. Hope everything works out for you and the baby will get here healthy as can be!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1937 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review