All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Night sweats?
      #131542 - 12/18/04 03:33 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am having a problem with this at the moment.

When I go to bed I am freezing but I wake up most nights with wet knees and generally roasting. (I may even have woken becuase I am too cold earlier)

Is this night sweats? I am on an AntiD and know that this is a possible side effect but am not sure what the extent of it is suposed to be..does this sound like night sweats.

Any input would be great, thanks.

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Night sweats? new
      #131546 - 12/18/04 04:54 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's almost exactly what happens to me. I wake up soaked from mid-thigh down, but the funny thing is that I'm usually still cold!

But yeah, that's night sweats, and it's apparently pretty common with AD's. My doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about, as long as it didn't bother me too much or interfere with the quality of my sleep.

#131614 - 12/19/04 09:41 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I've been getting night sweats, too. Just started Lexapro about 4 weeks ago. I didn't make the connection that it was a side effect. I'm glad to hear that it's "normal"!!

#131616 - 12/19/04 09:46 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey,

I have terrible problems with nightsweats. It definately sounds like that is what you're having. I found mine got worse each time I increased my dosage, to the point where I was waking up 3x's/night to change my pjs! From what I've been told, as long as it isn't really affecting your sleep it's ok. My doc also recommended taking my temp once as soon as I woke up, just to make sure it wasn't a fever.

Good luck,
Kelly

#131630 - 12/19/04 12:13 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

After a couple of years of taking Zoloft, I started getting horrible night sweats which caused insomnia. I weaned myself off the Zoloft and the night sweats went away.

#131646 - 12/19/04 04:07 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I get them to !!! Ever since I started my Ad! I will wake up soaked all around my neck and chest!! I feel for you hon!! IT sucks!! BIG HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#131701 - 12/19/04 10:01 PM
Laura107

Reged: 12/19/04

I get night sweats now al the time and I started Lexapro about 2 weeks ago. Now I know what it may be from!

#131992 - 12/20/04 07:59 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I began getting them when I was sick about a month and 1/2 ago (pertussis) and dismissed it, thinking I had a bit of a fever. But when they persisted I did a little research and suddenly went...
...hm...
...wait a minute. I'm 46; my periods are getting irregular and wierd, now this. Could it be a symptom of...
...menopause??

AIEE!!
At least that's what I think it is. They don't really bother my sleep at all; I just wake up in a puddle some mornings. Do a lot more laundry.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4695 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review