All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Best way to brew fennel tea
      #131489 - 12/18/04 11:11 AM
MarkE

Reged: 12/18/04

I've been experimenting with ways to brew the fennel tea for best taste and probably potency. I tried all of tea ball, strainer, coffee maker, and most recently a french press (or bodum).

The best results for me was the french press. I was so excited about the results that I flew to the forum to share it with others. I got the best flavor and the best clarity with this means.

I think the reason that it tastes best is because the fennel seeds float and also expand. In free suspension they don't get maximum contact for brewing. In a tea ball once they swell to fill out the tea ball it doesn't brew as effectively.

My technique was to put the seeds in the bottom of the french press. Ad boiling hot water, then press down the press just enough to keep all the seeds submerged (not all the way down). I brewed for 4-minutes, pushed the press down the rest of the way, served my tea.

It is wonderful!

- Mark

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Best way to brew fennel tea new
      #131490 - 12/18/04 11:44 AM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

That sounds GREAT,Mark-I've been looking for the best way to make fennel tea since I started this nutty diet.I've never seen or heard of a french press before,but.I'll have to look it up and then see if I can get one.
Sincerely,
Andrew L.

I love my french press! new
      #131593 - 12/19/04 03:27 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

except I want a bigger one!!! I use a tea ball at work, but at home I use the french press- I actually will do a completely free suspension just like to make coffee- press all the way up for as long as 5-10 minutes if I have time, then press down, but its yummy- plain fennel or fennel mint, or fennel chamomile....

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review