All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone ever try Digestive Advantage...?
      #131467 - 12/18/04 06:49 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

I came across this product accidentally when I was searching for an anti-gas product on line... see here for Digestive Advantage .....and I see it got quite popular reviews for managing bloating cramps for IBS. Just wondered if anyone else here has tried it, as I am about to give it a go.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone ever try Digestive Advantage...? new
      #131470 - 12/18/04 07:48 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I tried it and unfortunately it did nothing for me. It's just a probiotic with a little bit of fiber in it. I think they are just promoting a product that is labeled for IBS to play on all those people in the buying market that have IBS and there are many. That may sound cynical, but I do believe the company is trying to cash in on the IBS market.

Sorry, I wish I could tell you my experience with it was positive, but it wasn't. In all fairness, I did give up on it pretty quickly and just returned to my usual probiotic and SFS. This product has not a whole lot of SFS in it. They don't even list the grams on the box. I even tried calling the company and they couldn't even tell me what type or how much SFS was in the product. In fact, they couldn't tell me hardly anything about the product. They just kept saying "It's the only product you'll ever need for IBS, it takes care of everything." Honestly, the Company Reps couldn't even explain what the ingredients listed on the box were suppose to do! Bad sign.

Do a search on the boards. I know this has been discussed before and Heather herself even had some comments on it.

It couldn't hurt to try it. I just didn't get anything from it. By the way, I think this is the product that guy who got banned from the boards was promoting to everyone (I think), so I would boycott this product just because of that! But like I said, if you want to try it, go ahead. I'd love to hear how it worked for you.

I am looking forward to what others have to say on this product as well

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#131502 - 12/18/04 12:56 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi,

Digestive Advantage has a new formulation for IBD. I am trying the supplement myself. I have been taking it for two weeks. It seems to be slowing me down a little bit - actully it might be slowing me down too much! If I have anything else to report, then I will let you all know!

Have a great holiday!

Karen

#132155 - 12/21/04 12:20 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If there's a possibility of it helping your IBS then I wouldn't boycott it because of some stupid guy who came on the boards promoting it.

I've never tried it myself but I've heard mixed things about it. A few people have said it helped and then others said it didn't do anything at all. I guess that's how it goes with most things for IBS

I'd say give it a try...you've got nothing to lose!! Let us know how it goes!!

#132196 - 12/21/04 04:13 PM
Laura107

Reged: 12/19/04

I have to disagree with Augie. How can you make those comments regarding the product when you gave up on it quickly? It evens says it make take some time and that you may have to even increase your dose to two tablets. I have tried it and so far it is great for me. I don't think they are at all trying to "cash in on the IBS market." But some things work for some people and others don't. It can't hurt to try it and if it doesn't work, you try other things. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review