All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
have some questions on starting the IBS diet
      #130736 - 12/15/04 12:41 PM
preggytummy

Reged: 04/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I need to do something guys. I went to the dr. because my Ibs has gotten so much worse since after having my baby. Of course he just told me the same old thing of increasing my fiber intake. How do I get started on the IBS diet? what's the best thing to buy first, the Acacia, the book, both? I also need something else I can take to help ease the nausea and discomfort of the bloating and pain. I take Bentyl when I really need it but what would be the best thing to take other than the medicine? I'm sort of new at this, but not new to IBS! It's been pretty manageable in the past and then during pregnancy practically non-existant. Well, better go get the baby. Thanks for your suggestions!

--------------------
~Jenny~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: have some questions on starting the IBS diet new
      #130742 - 12/15/04 12:52 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome to the boards! Congratulations on the birth of your baby! As for getting started on the IBS diet, the information on this website is very ample. Read through the eating for IBS guidelines for what foods to eat and what foods NOT to eat. A fiber supplement is an excellent idea. Acacia is very widely used here and with few problems. Other brand names include citrucel, equalactin, benefiber. Make sure you start on a small dose and work your way up, otherwise, you're going to see more bloating and pain.

For the nausea, try Ginger tea. Slice a piece of gingerroot the size of a quarter and steep it in a mug of boiling water.
For bloating try fennel tea. Steep a teaspoon of fennel seeds in a mug of boiling water. You can even combine it with the ginger if you like.
Peppermint tea is the king of all IBS teas as far as I'm concerned. It eases the pain, and can really help stop attacks.
Good luck and if you have more questions, hit the search button for previous posted topics.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#130868 - 12/15/04 08:02 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi! My major problems started happening after my 2nd birth. During pregnncy I hardly knew I had it.
If you are suffering really badly start the first few days with this
or if you can't hold anything in at all do this for a few days then the first one. After that start reintroducing other foods but avoid the triggers found here After that start with some of the recipies off the boards or in the recipie index and always keep these foods as the basis of your diet. Hope this helps and of course read through all heather info and if you get confused or need to know anything else just post and we'll help you out as much as we can. Good luck.

--------------------
Amy

#131003 - 12/16/04 10:36 AM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

I notice you are from plant Texas! I have heard about a Dr. in Odessa I am checking on .They say they come all the way fro Calif. ,New Mexico etc. to see him. I posted a note to a reply on Diet with no help. I will let you kow if it help's. I been follow the diet ,etc.And I just seem to get worst. Most Dr say more fiber! Ya right!! Good luck!

#131101 - 12/16/04 02:41 PM
preggytummy

Reged: 04/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Thanks! This is all great info!

--------------------
~Jenny~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7978 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 633

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review