All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea
      #13048 - 07/02/03 07:31 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

I feel like I am on the verge of an attack for the past week and a half! I have been so nauseaous and I have no appetite. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm going away in a week and I want to feel good for my trip! I really appreciate everybody's help Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea new
      #13049 - 07/02/03 07:36 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Try ginger tea or tablets. I know from previous posts you can find ginger candy to suck on. Personally I stick to breads and bananas until the nausea goes away. When I was pregnant that is all I could eat for three months.
Hope this helps.

#13050 - 07/02/03 07:38 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Thanks for the info. Where can I find ginger tea or tablets?

#13052 - 07/02/03 07:41 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I have only found ginger at health food stores.

#13065 - 07/03/03 12:53 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hi - i live in the uk and can buy ginger tea in health food stores and at my local supermarket! you can also find crystalised ginger to suck on - and i know slightly high in fat but i find jsut one ginger biscuits helps enough for me too! - i suffer with alot of sickness on and off i can go for weeks where i feel no sickness at all but then i will have one bad week and its nothing but sckness - yestuday for example i went out for lunch and just couldnt face eating it for feeling sick and i didnt eat tea either i jsut had some dry bread and went to bed feeling sick! i have yet to find other things that work for regards the sickness i tend to put up and shut up at the minute! although if u find anything hat works please let me know! i also find suckin mints helps me stop feeling sick sometimes too.

#13067 - 07/03/03 03:13 AM
geekgirl

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: UK

Hi all

I find tea made from fresh ginger root to be far more effective than anything out of a teabag (I keep the peeled root in the freezer so it's always to hand at home). And for when I'm out or just don't fancy the tea, I use ginger gum that's marketed for travel sickness but in reality is suitable for any nausea. Though I'm careful not to chew on it too long so as not to gulp in loads of air. I got it online at http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk (just search for ginger gum) but you should be able to find it in the high street. I don't know if it's available outside the UK. I like it because it's so easy to carry around. Oh yeah, something else I like, but it isn't so powerful, is the ginger rice candy they sell (you'll see it if you search for rice candy) - ignore the fact that it's made from rice - it's just like boiled sweets.

HTH
geekgirl

Re: Nausea (Canadian Ginger tea) new
      #13072 - 07/03/03 06:18 AM
Ashley62

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

Hi - for all my fellow Canadians, I have recently bought a Ginger Peach tea from Loblaws under the President's Choice brand. It's really nice and a change from Peppermint tea, which I am learning to like - Loblaws has a Green tea with Mint that is nice as well.
Leah

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

Re: Nausea (Ginger Peach Tea) new
      #13076 - 07/03/03 06:27 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Leah; Iam going to the grocery store this morning will pick some up to try! There are a few different P.C.tea brands at our Independent Stores.

Re: Nausea (Canadian Ginger tea) new
      #13721 - 07/10/03 11:54 AM
kenneth

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Toronto Canada

Ginger has been a lifeline for me... i'll have to try this out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review