All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Body For Life
      #130047 - 12/13/04 06:03 AM
Sophia

Reged: 10/27/04

Hello has anyone heard of this plan. I have been on this plan for 4 weeks and have lost loads of weight and its great. But unfortunatly my bowels are taking a dive..

I have IBS - C mainly sometimes D. I know I should cut out the brown bread and pasta and that is going to be changed asap. But is anyoen else here on this plan and if so how have you incorporated this plan.

I suppose what I want to know is does too much Protein effect IBS -C? I try too keep to poultry and fish I do have the odd piece of pork which I need to cut out completly..

Any views would be great...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Body For Life new
      #130248 - 12/13/04 02:55 PM
MKE32

Reged: 03/11/04
Loc: Alberta, Canada

Hi Sophia!

Just to give you a background, I also am IBS-C, sometimes -D, but these days mostly stable. My husband came across this Body For Life plan a few years ago, and we both decided to give it a try. Yes, I also lost weight on the plan, but after a couple months I was suddenly crippled with the most unbelievable cramps and horrible pain in the middle of the afternoon one day. My supervisor had to drive me to the doctor's office, and he said my intestines were spasming, and gave me a shot of Buscopan. Within minutes things had settled down and I was able to go home, but realized after that day that every time I have too much protein in my diet without balancing it out with carbs, I get myself into trouble.

I hope this doesn't happen to you, I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone, just please be careful.

All the best,
Marlo

--------------------
Every cloud has a silver lining!

Re: Body For Life new
      #130450 - 12/14/04 11:55 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

My trainer had me on this diet for a while. I to lost quite a bit of weight on it but when I found out I have IBS I quit going by this diet. With me its a play it by stomach as to what I can and can't eat.

If I didn't have IBS I would for sure stay with this diet as it is a great one. The exercises are really great and you still follow those but I think to much protein would be a problem.

I hope that you can continue with the diet and don't have to many problems.

--------------------
Michelle

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 589

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review