Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Food shopping in Canada!!
      #129845 - 12/12/04 10:48 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hello!
So I went grocery shopping a few days ago, expecting to find all kinds of stuff but I think I need to do a lot more looking around because the Safeway I went to was not very helpful!
I found some chocolate soy milk that was _horrible_ and some soy Sorbet that tasted so bad I had to spit it out! The only non-dairy cheese I found was Yves, and it has casein in it!
I found Luna Bars at London Drugs, and they had Nutz over Chocolate and Lemon Zest. I have tried the chocolate one, and it was okay.... I really want to keep my eyes out for the mint chocolate one!
I DID get some angel food cake and baked lays, so I was excited about that!
I will have to keep looking around 'til I find some good stuff! If you know anywhere for me to look (in Vancouver), let me know!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food shopping in Canada!! new
      #129852 - 12/12/04 11:01 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hey Steph!

Some Safeway's are better than others. Some have a good selection of Organic stuff, others nto so much. There's an ORganic food store in downtown Vantopia that I went to but for the life of me I can't remember it's name. It was near the Hostelling international central downtown hostel.

You should try So Nice Soy milk and the SO Good Soy Ice Cream is pretty decent too. Both of those safeway should have.

#129866 - 12/12/04 12:10 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yay Steph, you finally made it to Canada!

I'll see if I can help you grocery-wise. For soy milk, my favorite brand is Vitasoy or Silk, So Good is also pretty decent.

For chocolate soy ice cream, look for a brand called "Soy Delicious". As for cheese, if you have a Loblaws, look for a cheese called "Vegan Gourmet".

Best of luck!

#130403 - 12/14/04 09:33 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

SS!

I don't know what Loblaws you shop at, but I have been looking for weeks and have been unable to find "Vegan Gourmet" or anything!

I wish the vegan selection in Canada was bigger!

#130408 - 12/14/04 09:46 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh, I get it at the Loblaws on Richmond St. It's about $7 though but is yummy and melts just like cheese. It's in the health food section with the soy yogurt and vitamins.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 796

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review