All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Hope it works for you!. new
      #130558 - 12/14/04 07:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Keep me updated! Does this product come in a green box or a black? I may have seen this in a store before.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Edited by Augie (12/14/04 07:36 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Green.....Stevia-Plus by Sweetleaf new
      #130612 - 12/15/04 04:50 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Tiatojoy: new
      #130738 - 12/15/04 12:44 PM
Augie

You don't take any SFS at all? Do you follow the IBS diet? Or do you eat whatever you want and drink whatever you want, etc. And no digestive enzymes or probiotics or anything except the Stevia Plus?

I don't understand how one product can take care of D, gas, bloat, cramps, Constipation, belching, and all the food triggers that are off limits (chocolate, fat, soda, dairy,etc- the ones in Heathers books.

That's awesome if it works for you! I doubt I would get the same result. I'm pretty darn severe IBS. I mean ready to jump off a cliff sick!

--------------------
~ Beth

Augie new
      #130781 - 12/15/04 02:19 PM
XXXXX

I have been blessed in that I am able to control my IBS with my diet. I love asian food (good thing since I am half-Korean!) and most of it is IBS safe. I eat NO dairy, red meat or pork and very little chicken. White rice is my starch of choice, I don't eat much bread.

My "C" is worse when I am emotionally stressed out...thankfully that isn't often.

For me, drinking a packet of Stevia-plus with herbal tea every morning keeps me regular. I learned this by accident. Last winter I went on a business trip...I had just weaned myself off of coffee and was drinking a ton of herbal tea. The artificial sweetners are awful for those of us with IBS so I took my Stevia-plus. I couldn't believe that I was having a BM once or twice a day and essentially said a prayer of thanks and forgot all about my regularity while traveling which is not the norm.

I went on another business trip in August..ate like a pig, ate stuff I wasn't supposed to like baked brie cheese and omelets..cheesecake, it was ridiculous. I had my Stevia-plus with me, suffered not one bit with my stomach, had a BM up to three times a day....UNHEARD OF FOR A PERSON WITH "C" and lost 5 pounds!

There is a direct correlation with me, Stevia-plus and BM's! To keep me regular, I drink one cup of herbal tea with Stevia-plus in it.If I eat more than usual, I will have another cup in the evening.

So for me...between watching what I eat, working very hard to live a peaceful life and one packet of Stevia-plus a day, I have my IBS under control.

I don't take acacia, benefiber or any of that other stuff. It usually makes my IBS worse. There is no magic formula to everyone's IBS. Much of what I have done has been trial and error...it's taken me about three years to figure out exactly what works for me. I hope it takes less time for you!

I hope this helps!

one more thing... new
      #130787 - 12/15/04 02:25 PM
XXXXX

This is what I have cut out:

carbonated beverages
coffee-I cheat every once in a while
corn
brussell sprouts
bread-for the most part
red meat
pork
dairy-I used to eat soy or rice cheese,I don't bother with that any more.
eggs

What I do eat....rice, rice noodles, egg beaters, white meat and fish...generally the stuff that is in the diet.
I hope this helps!

Tiatojoy new
      #130826 - 12/15/04 03:59 PM
Augie

Thanks for sharing your story with me. I am so happy that you have found your "cure" for IBS. For me, it's already been over three years of trying to figure things out. But only recently have I tried "Heathers" way. Don't seem to be getting anywhere yet.

I believe that stress is a big trigger for me and, unfortunatly, I have major generalized anxiety disorder. I'm talking big time! I've recently returned to church as I believe that only with God do I have a fighting chance with this hideous IBS.

I am curious as to why you cut out bread. Even the White breads? Have you tried Gluten Free breads? Also, fat free chips and low fat cereals are suppose to be okay too (KIX, rice chex,etc.)

Thanks for sharing. I just wish things that work for one person would work for another. If I tried the Stevia Plus it could do nothing for me. Or worse, the FOS could actually make me more symptomatic. This IBS has no rhyme or reason. No solution that works universally.

--------------------
~ Beth

Augie new
      #130834 - 12/15/04 04:40 PM
XXXXX

I am not a big bread eater...I would rather have rice.

I know that God has everything to do with my feeling better. I used to go to Lakewood Church in Houston and have had Dodie Osteen pray for my healing...remember to give God the glory when you find what works best for you.

Imagine what it would be like for those with no faith in the healing power of God...who else can they turn to at a time like this? Believe...believe...believe...faith can move mountains!

Hugs,

Tiatojoy new
      #130850 - 12/15/04 06:00 PM
Augie

So it's not that bread triggers C or other problems--you just don't like it?

I agree. Without God, I would never ever be able to get up every morning with all this pain. He is the only one who keeps me from saying "enough, I quit". I would not be here anymore if I didn't have Him.

--------------------
~ Beth

I just don't like bread all that much new
      #130852 - 12/15/04 06:17 PM
XXXXX

Re: Augie new
      #130863 - 12/15/04 07:24 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

FYI- the fiber in Stevia Plus is the same fiber that's in FiberChoice chewables

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24977

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review